Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

The Lucerne development has been downsized. Tallest building only 132' now. Everything else about the same.

Everything else is not the same.  Yes, the residence has been downsized in height, but all those units have been moved to be above the street-side retail and eateries. Now, instead of Orange Ave being lined with one-story buildings, it has 6-story buildings right up to the street. The grocery store, instead of being stand alone, is now the bottom floor of a mixed use building.  The old plan looked very suburban with the one story street frontage.  The new plan looks far more urban, and in spite of the tower downsize, it has more up-side than the old plan.

The old plan looked better as viewed from I-4, but the new plan looks better as viewed from Orange Ave.  

See thread started by Bic

• Like 3

I think the past few years have been the years of large infill projects; some big money is currently evaluating some lots downtown. University Club will not be the only 30 story+ project that gets rolling this year. The apartment market downtown is quite appealing right now. It won't be as drastic as the condo boom in mid 2000's but things are looking up.

Just a reminder, Ultimate I-4 begins construction soon. 

Any clue if it's a phased development, or are all portions being built at once?

All at once, with downtown taking the longest, per OBJ/FDOT:

The next notice to proceed is set to be issued in February, which will signal the start of construction. Work will begin on the entire 21 miles simultaneously, but the two ends of the project will finish earlier than the downtown area. The major reason for that is that extensive work will happen on the downtown-State Road, including the building of three or four new high-level bridges, which will take longer.

OBJ article: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/11/fdot-shares-new-i-4-ultimate-design-construction.html

All at once, with downtown taking the longest, per OBJ/FDOT:

The next notice to proceed is set to be issued in February, which will signal the start of construction. Work will begin on the entire 21 miles simultaneously, but the two ends of the project will finish earlier than the downtown area. The major reason for that is that extensive work will happen on the downtown-State Road, including the building of three or four new high-level bridges, which will take longer.

OBJ article: http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2014/11/fdot-shares-new-i-4-ultimate-design-construction.html

Is it three or is it four, OBJ?!

I have a few questions about 3 uptown properties.

1)  The empty lot where Garland meets Orange.  I know it was considered contaminated and required and EPA scoped clean up.  Is there a plan in the pipeline to do so?

2)  The lot south of the urban trail, behind the old OUC power plant?  It's has the black iron fence around it.

3)  The old OUC plant/ballet building.  I'm all for keeping and restoring historical buildings, but only if they can be re-purposed, not if they only sit and crumble.

Doesn't matter 3 or 4, you know they will come out with something else as soon as this is done. Probably deconstruct it and bury it underground for another bilions...

I just think that all this talk about two way Orange Ave, walkability.....we are still pouring money into I4, while the movement is toward removing highway or hide it. This is done in Boston, Dallas, St Louis...and in grand scale Tokyo, Seoul, Shnaghai....Now even Miami is moving toward removing highway.

The Downtown Confidential mentioned the demolition of the building by the Southern Bank tower at orange and Robinson. The newsletter also mentioned that Dr Phillips is considering building a three story building with ground floor retail and two floors of offices. Any other information on this potential project?

Hello, I am wanting to get back active on this forum now that it seems the real estate market is heating up. Is there a condensed list of renderings and project info anywhere where I can catch up quickly? I know there used to be a list on here with updated info. Thanks, in advance. 

Ok.  This is what is currently U/C downtown:

1.  The Sevens- resid./retail

2.  Residence Inn

3.  800 N. Orange

4.  Crescent Central Station- resid/retail

5.  Artisan 420- resid/retail

6.  Thornton Park Brownstones- resid.

7.  MLS Stadium (sitework)

8.  Lexington Court- resid. only?

This is what is currently U/C in and around downtown:

1.  FH South- Women's Hospital

2.  FH South- 5 story Biomed Bldg (?)

3.  ORHS- ER

4.  ORHS- Hampton Inn

Recently completed (past 2 years):

1.  FH South- The Ivy- resid.

2.  Mills Park- Resid./Retail

3.  FH South- HQ Bldg

4.  ORHS Bed Tower

5.  NORA- resid/retail

6.  Skyhouse- resid./retail

7.  Steelhouse- resid.

8.  Fed Ctr- plaza & renovation

9.  Church St. Exchange Bldg redo

10.  Sunrail Stations: FH South, Lynx Central, Church/ South St., Atlantic Sta./Amtrak/ ORHS

11.  Lymmo Line expansion

12.  Citrus Bowl expansion/ Renovation

13.  FH South- new garage

14.  DPAC- Phase I

15.  Aloft Hotel- (OUC Bldg redo)

What is next to break ground?

Citi Tower? Magic Entertainment Complex- Phase I? Hyatt Place?

The Magic had stated they would break ground after the NBA season is over- for the Magic- April some time.  I don't see Citi Tower breaking ground with so much construction across the street at Artisan- not at this stage yet.  And I don't know whether the Hyatt people purchased the parcel or not to build.

I say the Magic complex is next.

• Like 1