Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

I wish they would just facade it in brick and be done with it.

that being said, I am very excited about Lexington Court primarily because it is on the west side of I-4 and is in close proximity to those other neighborhood projects u/c and adds to the overall density.

Sorry for not knowing, but can anyone tell me what's going on with the giant pit north of the Millennial area? Looks like maybe they have completely emptied Lake Millenia. Are they filling it in or making it deeper?  I know there was a project with a man made lagoon back before the crash, but I thought that was canceled. 

Edited by cwetteland

Well, this is interesting - micro apartments (260 to 447 SF) proposed for South Eola. I believe this is on Church Street, just east of 101 S. Eola.

http://bungalower.com/2015/02/micro-housing/ 

Looks & sounds pretty cool.

Of course, I bet the rents will be about what you could've rented an average apartment for around here in the 90's.

Awesome. Can someone map this all out?

Here's my quick attempt at mapping out South Eola's under construction and planned developments.  With the exception of Capital Plaza III, these all seem very realistic.  

I also heard someone at the city talk about a new proposal for a high-rise at the NE corner of Central & Rosalind, but haven't found anything about it online, so I didn't include it in the map. 

post-25309-0-86565600-1425324827_thumb.j

• Like 1

Great map Alex.

If you added a layer for surface parking, I think you'd only have 3 significant areas:

- NW corner of Church and Osceola (undeveloped part of Citi Tower and Baptist Terrace)

- NW corner of Lake and Jackson (County Parking lot)

- NE corner of Lake and South (Osceola Brownstones residents Parking)

The only other significant area is the Monarch site (NE Corner of South and Liberty) which I don't believe is used as parking as it stands now.

• Like 1

The Thornton Park Commons project included the land that wraps around The Jackson and the article mentioned a second building (10 floors).  The smaller building in the rendering does appear to be 420 to me.  Also, something is clearly being planned on the Constitution Green property.  They did a 6th boring a couple of days ago (about 12 feet from the large oak).