Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

^^ Well, that's a different thing then. It would be nice to have a terrace restaurant facing onto the park there instead of the fencing. It would open up that dicey corner of the park providing a smoother transition from the park to urban.

Before the "I Wish This Was" Bungalower series I had hoped the little house would become a restaurant, like one of Key West's historic home restaurants and open seating onto the park. 

A couple of years ago there was talk amongst the City FamPark&Rec folks of placing a carousel at Lake Eola. At that time, the talk was of demoing the Japanese Garden and using that space. I don't know what ultimately happened to the idea, but placing it in this corner is an idea to look at I think if this gets built. Place the carousel just east of the Sperry Fountain, and recreate the lusher landscaping (attached photo) of a by-gone time and I believe it would enhance the park. Wearing of straw hats optional. But that is a merchandising idea, as well!

flashback%20sperry%20fountain_zpsgqvvham

That was house was for lease as a restaurant for a long time, just no one ever took the owner up on the deal. I always thought it would have been smart of someone who understands weddings to rent that out for weddings and other events. Would be great for pictures there and a really pretty place overall.

But if nothing else is ever going to happen there I hope we get a nice building to take its place.

Hotel and office building for tremont 

Good question with the 7-11. I would imagine they have a 5-7 year lease. How long have they been there? 

I like that.  And it makes sense to make it mixed use office+hotel b/c of the look (and uses) of the building.

DTO Vision Plan was sent out today to members. Its pretty good. Presentation and vote on it will be on Mon so look for it to be completely released then if not earlier.

Like everything else it will come down to implementation but the design mockups for different parts of downtown are real nice.

Can't give us a sneak peak?

DTO Vision Plan was sent out today to members. Its pretty good. Presentation and vote on it will be on Mon so look for it to be completely released then if not earlier.

Like everything else it will come down to implementation but the design mockups for different parts of downtown are real nice.

Great renderings/visualizations, but if you've been following the process, you'll be familiar with the "big ideas" included from the working groups. Nothing new or earth shattering, but it looks great!

7PN5V9z.jpg

Edited by smileguy
  • Like 4

Wow! Very cool. I was sad to hear about the Hyatt proposal not coming to fruition...but not anymore. This looks great.

I doubt there is any harm in that.

11182093_10104111381989382_2279017109991

Glad to see there is thought to adding marked pedestrian crossings on Robinson. Sorely needed.

• Like 1

So I think it is very interesting that Tremont Capital owns that lot yet Lincoln Properties is all over the renderings. Don't be surprised if a prominent tenant is already lined up for the office portion. This is somewhat this booms version of a Dynetech Tower. I take back what I said earlier about being as tall as the Vue though; it's base is at 100' elevation and the 426' is really 326' in height from the ground.

Edited by UPSDAN

That's the same height as the Vue; would be very prominent at that location. Lincoln is a major player as well. This might have a shot.

No, I think they are doing the 100' above sea level thing again; its written at the sidewalk level.  It should be 326', not 426'.

OK ProjectDTO insiders - it's Monday- workshop has happened, where can I find the presentation?! It's not posted online as an attachment (strangely) for Council today.

Help us out!

Also Fox posted that the total cost to implement ProjectDTO is 445 million