Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

I believe the Sentinel wants to keep at least one of their buildings, but the south section would be great for the museum. Next to a daytime only parking garage for event parking and an easy walk from Lynx/Sunrail. Especially as the museum wants an architecturally significant building might really spur other projects in the area.

• Like 2

Based on their Instagram posts, it looks like joysticks may be close to finishing the buildout and close to opening. Should be a nice change of pace for downtown bars and could draw a crowd that doesn't normally go out downtown.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mcn11 said:

Based on their Instagram posts, it looks like joysticks may be close to finishing the buildout and close to opening. Should be a nice change of pace for downtown bars and could draw a crowd that doesn't normally go out downtown.

Looking forward to both of these businesses opening. I do hope it draws a new crowd downtown ... 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:37 PM, prahaboheme said:

When I moved here from NYC, this is one thing that was desperately missing from Orlando.  Glad the gap is being filled - I hope they don't try to be too fancy or modern and keep with a traditional diner feel/price point.  Sometimes the Orlando "version" of things tries too hard to reinvent the wheel 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Universe_Explorer said:

When I moved here from NYC, this is one thing that was desperately missing from Orlando.  Glad the gap is being filled - I hope they don't try to be too fancy or modern and keep with a traditional diner feel/price point.  Sometimes the Orlando "version" of things tries too hard to reinvent the wheel 

I have that concern as well. Diner food is diner food. And its amazing. Don't mess it up. It needn't be fancy.

I think the owners being bar owners are just going to stick to the classics. Traditional diner food in a funky space.

The 24-hour diner will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner with a menu of comfort food classics such as omelets, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes for breakfast to meatloaf, chicken pot pie and shepherd’s pie for dinner.

11 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

Northwest (Street View attached, I can grab a picture later this week).  I'm not sure what they could be demoing.  Unless it's just more prep for the "drive thru" restaurant that no one seems to be interested in leasing.

1wjeff.PNG

Good spot for a parking garage.

Then put another attached tower in that grass lot on the other side where the vault building used to be.  :thumbsup: