Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

Yea they already moved everyone into the N Magnolia office.  The branch itself is in the old Fields Fiat next to the Brewery.  So there's empty space inside of 20 N Orange right now.  Makes sense.  Maybe it'll liven up that side of the street.   As far as the marquee name, I half expected Morgan & Morgan to show up on the top of the building.  Also notice what's missing?  Channel 13's video screen.

Edited by codypet

33 minutes ago, codypet said:

Yea they already moved everyone into the N Magnolia office.  The branch itself is in the old Fields Fiat next to the Brewery.  So there's empty space inside of 20 N Orange right now.  Makes sense.  Maybe it'll liven up that side of the street.   As far as the marquee name, I half expected Morgan & Morgan to show up on the top of the building.  Also notice what's missing?  Channel 13's video screen.

Oh, so they'll still have a branch office basically on the same block?

I didn't know that.

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Seems to me that they still have room for the news scroll at the top, but maybe they felt the city wouldn't let them have that AND the signage for the retail.

I'm hoping that they put up a new and even bigger screen.

Possibly mounted above the SE first floor corner facing the intersection of Orange and Central.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Possibly mounted above the SE first floor corner facing the intersection of Orange and Central.

I remember the screen they had was with outdated tech back when they put it up several years back during the Boom.

What I would really like to see is a couple (maybe four) live, streaming webcams, with audio.

Place them just above street level (say 10' - 12' ) at Orange/Church and Orange/Central.

Then, if they really wanted to go for it, one at the bandshell and one at the south concourse/planter area off of Central.

Maybe get some of the businesses down there to chip in with the city and sponsor them. 

Promote them on various websites. Would be a good way to promote downtown visitors and tourism.

29 minutes ago, gibby said:

They need to get rid of that delivery lane on Orange and pull the entire retail section closer to the road.

This. In that case, the distance between the edge of the building and the curb should be around 30-35 feet. More than enough room to have the sidewalk and outdoor seating for a cafe/restaurant. Ditch the weird "landscaping" and palm trees as well.

3 hours ago, JFW657 said:

That's good too but I kind of like the current location centered across Wall Street. It could be much larger and have sound as well. I say this because they could play Orlando City/Magic games on a giant screen and people can watch from Wall Street.

Has anyone figured out how to pull up newer permits on the City website?  They've switched over from, for example: MPL2017-00001 to MPL2017-10001.   The newer format with the leading "1" doesn't load in the permit status site.   I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated by this here!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

The old police station coming down? I wont miss it. I do hope the Magic's Entertainment complex has some architectural integrity to it. 

I won't miss it's unattractive appearance, but it's been a part of downtown for so long.

It was like an old neighbor who you just got used to seeing even though it wasn't much to look at.

Memories, etc.