Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

^ Kudos bic.

you have a knack for making art out of what anyone else wouldview as a documentary shot. (Imagine emoticon clapping hands here)

Haha..I can't take the credit for that one, unfortunately. Most of the pictures I post in this thread are ganked from regular Trans4mation.org e-mail updates.

134370.jpg

"The new ramp from eastbound SR 408 to eastbound I-4 (pictured above) is scheduled to open on Saturday, Dec. 29, 2007. By summer 2008, another new ramp will open for traffic from westbound SR 408 to eastbound I-4."

how huge is that.

how huge is that single improvement on that interchange... I'll tell ya it's freaking huge b/c it is the first step towards taking traffic off of the double-trumpet.

still though, WB 408 to WB I-4 will bottleneck with EB 408 to WB I-4 traffic, but at least the EB 408 traffic now will not be trying to get over to the EB I-4 ramp from the trumpet lanes. yes....

how huge is that.

how huge is that single improvement on that interchange... I'll tell ya it's freaking huge b/c it is the first step towards taking traffic off of the double-trumpet.

still though, WB 408 to WB I-4 will bottleneck with EB 408 to WB I-4 traffic, but at least the EB 408 traffic now will not be trying to get over to the EB I-4 ramp from the trumpet lanes. yes....

A question concerning this new interchange

It's my understanding that there are 2 ramps being constructed, an off ramp from the 408 heading east to I-4 east and one from 308 heading west to I-4 east

Anyone know how the old, outdated, existing interchange on and off the 408 will be re-configured?

Will the old uneeded sections be demolished keeping the ones that will stay or will it all stay just blocked off or something like that?

134962.jpg

"The beams that will support the new ramp from westbound I-4 to the new Anderson Street Bridge will be set in place between December 17 and January 3. These new beams will span over South Street (left side picture shown above), requiring closures between 7:30 p.m. until 6:00 a.m."

Forgive me if this is the incorrect thread; however, I'm not finding much about Innovation Way (the road) on here. If possible, I'd like to check my understanding of this proposed new road as well as find out the latest status. My understanding is that Innovation Way will essentially be an extension of Avalon Park Boulevard and that it will extend South West toward the Bee Line/Beach Line/528 and then eventually on down toward the 417 near Lake Nona. Is this correct?

Before I moved up here from Orlando back in 2001, my wife and I had looked at houses in Avalon Park and we were told then about plans to widen S. Alafaya Trail and extend it on down to the Bee Line/528. Is this plan still in the works or has it given way to the plan for Innovation Way? To me, there seems to be more than enough traffic from Waterford Lakes/Avalon Park to justify having both roads extend to the 528 and the Lake Nona area.

I'm frankly quite surprised that nothing has been done in nearly 7 years since I moved away to tie this area into the Bee Line/Beach Line/528. What has been the hold up? What's the status of this whole situation? My curiosity is, in part, due to the fact that we're looking to return to Orlando by August (if possible) and we're interested in being in either the Avalon Park area or the Lake Nona area. Since my office is off of T.G. Lee Blvd., the ease of commute has some weight with me and could sway my decision. I'm curious as to how soon things will be "connected" on the east side. It's currently rather inconvenient to go from Avalon Park to the MCO area and vice versa.

^^

I know right around the time of the Burnham decision, they said Innovation Way would or could be delayed b/c of $$$. Not sure what happened. The OOCEA maps have it as a dotted line on there. I heard the same thing about Alafaya in the Late '90's, which was before Avalon Pkwy...

other than that, I don't know. They can make it easier on everyone and keep it simple: just extend Avalon Pkwy to the Lee Vista interchange on 417... it will save $$$ on building a new interchange... for now.

^^

I know right around the time of the Burnham decision, they said Innovation Way would or could be delayed b/c of $$$. Not sure what happened. The OOCEA maps have it as a dotted line on there. I heard the same thing about Alafaya in the Late '90's, which was before Avalon Pkwy...

other than that, I don't know. They can make it easier on everyone and keep it simple: just extend Avalon Pkwy to the Lee Vista interchange on 417... it will save $$$ on building a new interchange... for now.

They spend all the money on huge new roads for developers to build strip malls and empty subdivisions. I went out to a site on Narcossee the other day and it just sickened me that we're encouraging growth out there. That drive on the 417 from Orange to the 528 is the worst...it's funny to see the totally empty future subdivisions near the road, but sad at the same time.

SR 414 Toll Road i assume

Yes they are extending Maitland Blvd/414/apopka by pass/ John land expressway, yes it has a lot of names, out to the 429 south of obt with an interchange at maitland blvd current terminus at 441 and Hiawassee Rd, and the another interchange at the 429. Eventually the road will continue West over the 429 and off to 441 in Plymouth right where Plymouth Sorrento Road/437 runs into 441. Then from there the wekiva parkway will continue north paralleling 437 until it gets north of kelly park road then it will spur off west to 46 near mt dora and east toward sanford, crossing over mt plymouth road and running parallel with state road 46 until it hits I4 but not connecting directly to the 417 which i think it stupid. A loop Road should be continuous, its like the 429 and 417 down by disney dont connect you have to get on I4.

Yes they are extending Maitland Blvd/414/apopka by pass/ John land expressway, yes it has a lot of names, out to the 429 south of obt with an interchange at maitland blvd current terminus at 441 and Hiawassee Rd, and the another interchange at the 429. Eventually the road will continue West over the 429 and off to 441 in Plymouth right where Plymouth Sorrento Road/437 runs into 441. Then from there the wekiva parkway will continue north paralleling 437 until it gets north of kelly park road then it will spur off west to 46 near mt dora and east toward sanford, crossing over mt plymouth road and running parallel with state road 46 until it hits I4 but not connecting directly to the 417 which i think it stupid. A loop Road should be continuous, its like the 429 and 417 down by disney dont connect you have to get on I4.

So will this new Maitland Blvd extension be tolled? Or is just a standard extension until it hits 429 and becomes the Apopka bypass?

134370.jpg

"The new ramp from eastbound SR 408 to eastbound I-4 (pictured above) is scheduled to open on Saturday, Dec. 29, 2007. By summer 2008, another new ramp will open for traffic from westbound SR 408 to eastbound I-4."

That section of road isn't finished as of this morning, any indication of when they will open it?

They begin the widening of SR 50 tomorrow from 436 to 417. It will include the SR 50 overpass of SR 436. It'll take 2.5 years. Does anyone have a link to a rendering of the 50/436 Interchange?

OMG. wow. finally. I saw sewage pipes the other day too... wow. I can't believe it. I viewed this project as more of a myth.

the question is... who gets the overpass? 50 or 436?