Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

Is the Cambria developer that much of a wuss ?

Not that I know of. Demand for downtown hotels has always been spotty and two moderately priced hotels within a couple of blocks of each other is unlikely.

Which ever of the two comes out of the ground first is likely the one to be completed and the folks behind TraveLodge seem at first glance to be moving faster.

I noticed there was an editor's note at the end of the article stating that the City Diner is currently closed for renovations.

That suggests to me that, if the diner is undergoing renovations, its owners are planning to stay there. If that is the case, then whatever the hotel developers are planning is likely not very large, otherwise the diner building would have to go.

So if the new planned hotel for the Econolodge site is going to be essentially the same size as the existing hotel, I don't see how that would affect the Cambria project, since the Econolodge was already there when they first proposed it anyway.

Downtown should be able to support both.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I noticed there was an editor's note at the end of the article stating that the City Diner is currently closed for renovations.

There's also a difference between being legitimately closed for renovations, and "closed for renovations" and never re-opening, which happens quite a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IMG_8240.thumb.JPG.7b514a025bae1c5dbedc1f010036ce15.JPG

Look at that visor?

Is this the Delaney? Sorry, that tall skinny window on the building next door isn't enough of a landmark for me to figure out!
Artisan's Table is moving into the old Urban Flats space in 55W.

Is it wrong I can't remember which space UF occupied? Is it currently vacant?

I bet the current AT space will fill up quickly.

Ugh to all of this Parramore stuff. A private member's only club is really what this neighborhood needs and wants.

The three new venues to be owned and operated by Green's team include the previously mentioned Lion's Den, along with new addition Mary's Daiquiri Bar and a covered 4,000-square-foot rooftop bar named The Perch.

Those venues will be open to the public on soccer game days, Green said. But on other days, the new venues may be open only to members of a private club, he added.

The original concept, dubbed "The District Gastro Bar/Social Eating House," was meant to celebrate Parramore's history with a painted mural on the side of the building. Green said he now wants to save that for a future project in the area.

The restaurant's new name will be "Tim's Place," and play up its arena district location with a sports bar theme that includes large-screen TVs for live games, and a videogaming area for NBA 2K-style tournaments, Green said.

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Ugh to all of this Parramore stuff. A private member's only club is really what this neighborhood needs and wants.

The three new venues to be owned and operated by Green's team include the previously mentioned Lion's Den, along with new addition Mary's Daiquiri Bar and a covered 4,000-square-foot rooftop bar named The Perch.

Those venues will be open to the public on soccer game days, Green said. But on other days, the new venues may be open only to members of a private club, he added.

The original concept, dubbed "The District Gastro Bar/Social Eating House," was meant to celebrate Parramore's history with a painted mural on the side of the building. Green said he now wants to save that for a future project in the area.

The restaurant's new name will be "Tim's Place," and play up its arena district location with a sports bar theme that includes large-screen TVs for live games, and a videogaming area for NBA 2K-style tournaments, Green said.

Not to mention that it also looks basic as hell. Plain and Ugly

2 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

... what is it and where?

Good question.

Sunshine seems to be fond of posting pictures of renderings or buildings u/c without including a brief description of what it is.

I guess we're just supposed to know.

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

Andy that's the new building to go where the Women's Center used to be on SE corner of Magnolia and Colonial. 

I'm going to be kind of sad to see that old building go.