sunshine

Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

There is a really well written article on OW regarding the homeless issue with a focus on the Ambassador program.  It provides a lot of history and detail. And though I disagree with some of the tone I think the writer did a good job.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/orlando-is-throwing-money-at-the-aggressive-panhandling-problem-but-is-it-a-boon-for-the-public-or-just-a-way-to-keep-the-chronically-home/Content?oid=18876674&utm_source=widget&utm_medium=toc&utm_campaign=rightrail&utm_content=TabbedPopularity

The final paragraph says..."The city could begin treating the situation for what it is – a human problem – by spending on real solutions, not just Band-aids like the ambassador program and marketing campaigns, rather than just treating the surface."

What a great thought. I wish the writer would have stated some "real solutions" instead of just wrapping up with snark. BTW, I think the Ambassador program is a good start and can be part of a "real solution" if there is such a thing.

Nonetheless, a worthwhile read.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DreS0803 said:

What is this +One project? Looks to be on the same lot as Zoi House Orlando. Is this an old proposal that never happened?

Pretty much.

• Like 1

Haha that photo +One proposed in an era when Vue, Dynetech and Paramount were all proposed and therefore not in the photo yet. Heck, Lynx is getting built in that shot.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

As shown in the rendering, that is 41+ Stories and would likely be a new tallest in DT.  

Crap visor design for a building that tall, though. Typical BB. 

If this, X-Orlando, new Hotel, and Radius go, Livingston will be like a whole new DT density street similar to Church. This is huge right next to the other proposed and with Lynx Central nearby and leading over to CV/UCF. Big things indeed. 

I was right on point. They went with a slim design so it's taller than I proposed . Love it. 

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Haha that photo +One proposed in an era when Vue, Dynetech and Paramount were all proposed and therefore not in the photo yet. Heck, Lynx is getting built in that shot.

You can see the Paramount crane on the other side of the lake, just to the left of the BOA crown. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

What about the Bellsouth redo?  That would effectively create a mid-town Orlando surrounding the courthouse.

Believe it’s dead at least for now 

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

You can see the Paramount crane on the other side of the lake, just to the left of the BOA crown. 

It might be the Sanctuary crane.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

What is this +One project? Looks to be on the same lot as Zoi House Orlando. Is this an old proposal that never happened?

683FC5DB-9358-4C0D-AC65-C124E081BF58.jpeg

4BE999DC-57EF-4D3C-A70E-9059D02D0FE0.jpeg

This was a poor mans version of Esporito Santo Plaza in Miami. The newer proposal looks much more promising in its preliminary concept.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AmIReal said:

I assume most everyone has already looked at this overview of 1st half of 2018 developments- http://www.downtownorlando.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/DevelopmentProfile1stHalf2018_R8.pdf

but some might have missed the 2nd half version- http://online.fliphtml5.com/gydm/szxq/#p=1

I've seen both of these before and find it odd that when we're not being marketed as Thornton Park by the DDB, all the projects listed here call South Eola "Planning Area: Eola Heights" or simply "Planning Area: Eola" as if South Eola is that which must not be named.

I would say I understand if the Eola/Eola Heights planning area is something large that overlaps South Eola but projects in Eola Heights like Fountain Vu5 are actually listed as "Planning Area: Eola Height Historic District" so either the DDB is just all over the place with how they choose to refer to things (and never acknowledge South Eola exists) or I'm missing something.

was flipping through that PDF and saw the Residence Inn page.. im still mad that Mamas Subs didn't budge.. that corner is tainted forever 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1