Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

Haha - I love how anyone from somewhere other than Orlando would look at the above photo and wonder what directionally-impairing drug we were all smoking...east/west, east/west.
well, it's all easy enough really...I-4 West goes South and I-4 East goes North. Turnpike North goes West and Tpk South goes East. It should be simple for an out of towner to figure out... :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from Barcelona and Sitges. Hope the weather is better where you are!

Oh nice...I was in Barcelona last week so maybe we crossed paths. No Sitges for me but I did check out Montserrat one day.

As far as the picture though, I haven't been crediting these photos with links to the sources because I've been receiving these pictures through e-mail. Wasn't sure what to do about citing that.

Did anyone else see the double-length bus in the Lymmo lanes downtown this afternoon? No one was on board, and the decals were for the RTA in Cleveland. It was announcing the next stop as Uptown and Cleveland Hospital. It was kinda odd to see it, and I can't imagine ridership of Lymmo would warrant such a huge bus if they're testing it out for future use on our streets.

Did anyone else see the double-length bus in the Lymmo lanes downtown this afternoon? No one was on board, and the decals were for the RTA in Cleveland. It was announcing the next stop as Uptown and Cleveland Hospital. It was kinda odd to see it, and I can't imagine ridership of Lymmo would warrant such a huge bus if they're testing it out for future use on our streets.

Its preparing for this summer when the Lymmo gets full of homeless trying to get an airconditioned ride.

A large bus like that would be needed for events such as Predator games and Magic games. The buses get packed like subways in New York during rush hour.

Regarding the photos, the FDOT probably won't mind you reposting those photos as long as they are not manipulated or used for your profit. They were provided for public relations after all.

On the same topic of copyright, that is how I found out about this forum. I took photos of city hall years ago and had them on one of my websites. I saw the link in my stat logs and saw this site.

It's here for WrestleMania.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I was exiting off of I-4 onto 559 in Polk County recently and noticed a sign that said "Thank you DOT for paving the way to Orlampa's future". Was some sort of big decision made recently? Are they seriously going to try and create a town called Orlampa? I remember seeing the article in the Sentinel a while back, but I didn't think it would go very far.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I was exiting off of I-4 onto 559 in Polk County recently and noticed a sign that said "Thank you DOT for paving the way to Orlampa's future". Was some sort of big decision made recently? Are they seriously going to try and create a town called Orlampa? I remember seeing the article in the Sentinel a while back, but I didn't think it would go very far.

That sign and the "Future Site of Downtown Orlampa" sign has been there for a long time. Its all fun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlampa,_Florida

Found this design conception while surfing around and thought I'd share:

Lake Underhill 408 Bridge:

408LakeUnderhillBridgeConcept.jpg

The rendering I saw has two bridges on the outside to prevent weaving onto Conway Rd. I'll see if I can find a rendering.

Edit: http://www.urscreativeimaging.com/roadways3.html

its the SR 408 East Rosalind to Crystal Lake video about 2:15 to 2:44 in.

Edited by codypet

The rendering I saw has two bridges on the outside to prevent weaving onto Conway Rd. I'll see if I can find a rendering.

Edit: http://www.urscreativeimaging.com/roadways3.html

its the SR 408 East Rosalind to Crystal Lake video about 2:15 to 2:44 in.

How Kewl (as the kids say!) This is the reason I joined this community, interesting stuff, Thank you!