Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

7 minutes ago, codypet said:

So just when we think we get full taco saturation downtown, a Taco Bell Cantina and a Tijuana Flats open diagonal from each other.

Can we call that the first official return to chain restaurants to Downtown Orlando?  Or will Pita Pit and Jimmy John's hold that designation?

And Subway..

Actually, I think the Taco Bell came at a special request from sunshine...

National Chains: 

Starbucks

Dunkin

7-11

Subway

Fuzzys 

BurgerIM

Whalburgers

Walgreens

Jimmy Johns

Tripical Smoothie Cafe

Harry Buffalo

Fedex

Cobb 

Hamburger Mary’s 

Five Guys (Closed)

Panera (closed)

Pita Pit (closed)

Regional Chains:

Foxtail

World of Beer

Dexters

Graffiti Junktion

Jimmy Hulas

Tijuana Flats

Natures Table

Four Rivers

Pizza@

Edens 

Barnies (Closed)

2 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

National Chains: 

Starbucks

Dunkin

7-11

Subway

Fuzzys 

BurgerIM

Whalburgers

Walgreens

Jimmy Johns

Tripical Smoothie Cafe

Harry Buffalo

Fedex

Cobb 

Hamburger Mary’s 

Five Guys (Closed)

Panera (closed)

Pita Pit (closed)

Regional Chains:

Foxtail

World of Beer

Dexters

Graffiti Junktion

Jimmy Hulas

Tijuana Flats

Natures Table

Four Rivers

Pizza@

Edens 

Barnies (Closed)

Don’t forget Publix!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

National Chains: 

Starbucks

Dunkin

7-11

Subway

Fuzzys 

BurgerIM

Whalburgers

Walgreens

Jimmy Johns

Tripical Smoothie Cafe

Harry Buffalo

Fedex

Cobb 

Hamburger Mary’s 

Five Guys (Closed)

Panera (closed)

Pita Pit (closed)

Regional Chains:

Foxtail

World of Beer

Dexters

Graffiti Junktion

Jimmy Hulas

Tijuana Flats

Natures Table

Four Rivers

Pizza@

Edens 

Barnies (Closed)

Tijuana Flats isn't national at this point?  We had them in Raleigh.

3 hours ago, codypet said:

So just when we think we get full taco saturation downtown, a Taco Bell Cantina and a Tijuana Flats open diagonal from each other.

Can we call that the first official return to chain restaurants to Downtown Orlando?  Or will Pita Pit and Jimmy John's hold that designation?

Where is the Tijuana Flats opening? Morgan and Morgan building?

23 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Maybe they need to put up a Woolworth’s and McCrory’s facade! *runs*

Seriously, though, Cobb is now owned by a Mexican firm and I suspect that corporate change will need some time to settle before we see any changes there.

I don't think it looks bad on the inside, aside from wear and tear on the theater seats. Certainly looks a lot more modern than the Regal at Winter Park Village. The purple/teal/neon is vintage early 90s.

4 minutes ago, FLClarkKent said:

I don't think it looks bad on the inside, aside from wear and tear on the theater seats. Certainly looks a lot more modern than the Regal at Winter Park Village. The purple/teal/neon is vintage early 90s.

eeeek! More teal...

8 minutes ago, FLClarkKent said:

Tijuana Flats - For the salsa!

38 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Bungalower has renderings of the new Taco Bell Cantina. Of interest is what appears to be vertical signage on the building:

https://bungalower.com/2019/01/29/taco-bell-cantina-opening-in-downtown-orlando/

Oooh! I like the sign on the corner - it reminds me of the old Ivey’s sign. I’m also glad they’re changing the cover over the sidewalk. The plasticky bubble thing they replaced the Eisenhowered version with after Ivey’s closed was hideous.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:00 PM, WAJAS98 said:

Off topic, but s/he is literally in an echo chamber now. There are whole multi page threads on SSC with just his/her posts. It’s a bit off putting to be honest.

Today, I Am Not Reality blasted us on SSC for discussing fast food choices we’d like to see. It seems he’s particularly disgusted by Captain D’s. 

23 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Today, I Am Not Reality blasted us on SSC for discussing fast food choices we’d like to see. It seems he’s particularly disgusted by Captain D’s. 

All the more reason for me to go to Captain D's this weekend.

Been meaning to for awhile anyway, now that the weather is nice and cool.

Something about eating hot, greasy fried fish when it's hot outside just doesn't appeal to me.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, NJBlake said:

Taco Bell Cantina — a subsidiary of Louisville, Ky.-based Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE: YUM) — has inked a 2,475-square-foot lease for a new location on the ground floor of One South Orange in downtown Orlando. The new tenant signing comes as the building's landlord One Orange Development LLC plans to do a $1.5 million ground-floor renovation of the building's 6,500 square feet of street-level space. Taco Bell Cantina will open fall 2019.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2019/01/28/its-official-booze-serving-taco-bell-cantina-inks.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMTWT_OR&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c4f665104d301234bba4aeb&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Yes, not a Taco fans but one more night club closure is a plus. A small upgrade from Pita Pit.  Now take out the Avenue and put in something nice.

unnamed-1-1024x576.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

Inside City Hall, ground level. Awesome amenity, other than the fact it’s only open during City Hall hours. emoji849.png

My wife brings us home stuff from there on occasion because it is handy for her to do so and I do enjoy 4R.  We've had a bit of varying results because the food is trucked into this location and nothing is cooked here.  All but 1 time it still tasted fresh, but once it was a bit like it had been in a hot box too long or something.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think Lake Eola Park is one of the best urban parks in the country.  Today.  Haven't been to Orlando in 10 years or more and there is a lot more life downtown and around this park.  Great to see an urban format Publix store too.  Today.  (sorry for the photo overload but I am a tourist LOL)  I will be back soon hopefully on a sunnier day for some better shots.  

IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

IMG_8975.JPG

IMG_8978.JPG

IMG_8981.JPG

IMG_8982.JPG

IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8993.JPG

IMG_8994.JPG

IMG_8995.JPG

IMG_8996.JPG

IMG_8998.JPG

IMG_8999.JPG

Probably walked right by you snapping photos myself haha.

What do you think of our downtown?

• Like 1