Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

15 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

Inside City Hall, ground level. Awesome amenity, other than the fact it’s only open during City Hall hours. emoji849.png

My wife brings us home stuff from there on occasion because it is handy for her to do so and I do enjoy 4R.  We've had a bit of varying results because the food is trucked into this location and nothing is cooked here.  All but 1 time it still tasted fresh, but once it was a bit like it had been in a hot box too long or something.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Lake Eola Park is one of the best urban parks in the country.  Today.  Haven't been to Orlando in 10 years or more and there is a lot more life downtown and around this park.  Great to see an

My friend grabbed some shots of downtown while flying into ORL. This one really shows how the I-4/408 interchange is coming along.  Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That was in the latest ARB report as well: http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2018/03/ARB2017-10009reportMarch2018.pdf Here is the new rendering:  A

Posted Images

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think Lake Eola Park is one of the best urban parks in the country.  Today.  Haven't been to Orlando in 10 years or more and there is a lot more life downtown and around this park.  Great to see an urban format Publix store too.  Today.  (sorry for the photo overload but I am a tourist LOL)  I will be back soon hopefully on a sunnier day for some better shots.  

IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

IMG_8975.JPG

IMG_8978.JPG

IMG_8981.JPG

IMG_8982.JPG

IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8987.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8993.JPG

IMG_8994.JPG

IMG_8995.JPG

IMG_8996.JPG

IMG_8998.JPG

IMG_8999.JPG

Probably walked right by you snapping photos myself haha.

What do you think of our downtown?

• Like 1

Yep, last plan had Zoi House approved at 467', but the plan is being revised to pass architectural review. 

It is amazing how much the skyline has changed and the density changed over the last 10 years.  It happens gradually, so you don't notice as much when you live here, but if you went back to before the last "boom" in 2007 to now, the difference in density is crazy! 

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Compared to Jax you have a much more vibrant downtown.  JAX skyline is beautiful set on the river but they don't have all the hotels and apartments and condos downtown like Orlando has. 

I might even have to check out one of your theme parks I hear you have some good ones LOL.   I love Sea World. 

Just a few regional theme parks. We’re humble.

• Haha 4
On 1/30/2019 at 4:21 AM, sunshine said:

Yes, not a Taco fans but one more night club closure is a plus. A small upgrade from Pita Pit.  Now take out the Avenue and put in something nice.

Not sure why I'm going to bother but.... what is the issue with Avenue?  Regularly busy, decent-to-good food for reasonable prices.  Not my favorite place by any means, but its been open almost 5 years now, so I'd say its a rousing success

• Like 1
13 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I've always thought to myself for Orlando to not be business-focused or be by a body of water like most American Urban cities with large downtown's we have a nice set of buildings in a great working neighborhood system that is coming together more and more to create the vibe rightness we have downtown 

I think our downtown is quite beautiful not being by a bay, an ocean or river

If Jacob Summerlin hadn’t messed everything up and Gen. Sanford had gotten his way, Central Florida’s leading city would be sitting by Lake Monroe and the St. Johns River.

Nevertheless, with Lake Eola and the causeways providing gateways into downtown across Lakes Ivanhoe, Lucerne and Underhill, Orlando has its own unique cachet. River towns are a dime a dozen across the US but having a dozen lakes is different.

• Thanks 1

I know there is a distaste for the OBJ on this forum, but has anyone seen this yet?

Tampa-based Duckweed Urban Grocery eyes Orlando expansion - Orlando Business Journal

Since Duckweed's current locations are in downtown areas in Tampa, The OBJ is alluding to the possibility that the grocer may want to replicate an urban location in downtown Orlando, but the target area has not been specified. Negotiations with landlords are still in the early stages. "Duckweed serves items from local and international vendors, along with beers, wines and ready-to-eat foods prepared on site. The grocer typically operates in roughly 2,000-square-foot spaces."

• Like 1
19 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I know there is a distaste for the OBJ on this forum, but has anyone seen this yet?

Tampa-based Duckweed Urban Grocery eyes Orlando expansion - Orlando Business Journal

Since Duckweed's current locations are in downtown areas in Tampa, The OBJ is alluding to the possibility that the grocer may want to replicate an urban location in downtown Orlando, but the target area has not been specified. Negotiations with landlords are still in the early stages. "Duckweed serves items from local and international vendors, along with beers, wines and ready-to-eat foods prepared on site. The grocer typically operates in roughly 2,000-square-foot spaces."

This sounds a little like what the folks from Market On South are bringing to the old Handy Pantry - now Eola General - getting ready to open in the next couple weeks. 

• Like 1