Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

The Piedmont Renovation of 200 S Orange (former SunTrust building) was just awarded today. According to the owner, after the lobby and first few floors are done, they will be doing interior renovations for other spaces in the building for new tenants as they are rented. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

The Piedmont Renovation of 200 S Orange (former SunTrust building) was just awarded today

Fantastic news. Whether it is a food hall (as they have said) or retail or individual restaurants I really look forward to improvements in this area. Heck, I'd take a taco joint.

It seems Mark Baratelli’s new indoor Farmers’ Market on Magnolia was a hit with folks lining up to get in.

This might be the first crowd seen on Magnolia since Mad Cow moved:

https://bungalower.com/2019/06/12/new-indoor-farmers-market-draws-lines-around-the-block/

From Bungalower 

Edited by spenser1058

Alongside the plays that DPAC hosts during the season, how many total event nights does this place have during a 365 day cycle?  I ask to see what the viability of an adjacent hotel would be when their targeted main generator of room nights is DPAC.

BTW, that rendering above of the hotel is way off scale towards the small side; just look at how huge that van is to the left.  The first level is supposed to be a double height floor.  And the perspective line has its height terminate around the 4-5 story mark of CNL; it's not like this is the Daley Center where it's floors are like 30' ceilings.  I feel like Derek Zoolander- "what is this?... a center for ants!"

Edited by jrs2

27 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Alongside the plays that DPAC hosts during the season, how many total event nights does this place have during a 365 day cycle?

I suppose you could look at the online calendar for a good estimate of the past year, but don't forget the current expansion of DPAC will change the number of nights/ guest. Also, the next 2 nearest hotels seem to stay pretty booked up, so there seems to be room for growth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

I suppose you could look at the online calendar for a good estimate of the past year, but don't forget the current expansion of DPAC will change the number of nights/ guest. Also, the next 2 nearest hotels seem to stay pretty booked up, so there seems to be room for growth.

You also get some corporate events and weddings that would not appear on the calendar. Not quite as big of a draw as a Broadway show in the Disney Theater, but you'd still get some heads in beds.

Wasn’t there a South Eola thread? In any case, The Paramount is converting the empty lot where the old mini apartment building was on Osceola and Pine into a dog park for their residents.    

CA6C5D2F-2BF5-40E4-A424-358831919878.png

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, jrs2 said:

Alongside the plays that DPAC hosts during the season, how many total event nights does this place have during a 365 day cycle?  I ask to see what the viability of an adjacent hotel would be when their targeted main generator of room nights is DPAC.

BTW, that rendering above of the hotel is way off scale towards the small side; just look at how huge that van is to the left.  The first level is supposed to be a double height floor.  And the perspective line has its height terminate around the 4-5 story mark of CNL; it's not like this is the Daley Center where it's floors are like 30' ceilings.  I feel like Derek Zoolander- "what is this?... a center for ants!"

In their last Annual Report (October '18) they claimed 634,000 guests over 440 performances. The third hall will be open for the 20-21 Philharmonic season, enabling 1/3 more performances.  But I don't think DPAC is supposed to be their main driver, anyway.  If the parcel to the West of them gets developed, that's a nice little urban cluster down there, well-connected to rest of downtown, and convenient to the interstate. 

4 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

And for example, the visiting NBA teams hotel is usually the Grand Bohemian.  Not that I think this hotel will steal that designation, but there's these supplemental things not connected to DPAC.

Broadway tours have been putting their folks up at Crowne Plaza and Marriott. 

6 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

And for example, the visiting NBA teams hotel is usually the Grand Bohemian.  Not that I think this hotel will steal that designation, but there's these supplemental things not connected to DPAC.

I think they used to use the Omni/Sheraton/Marriott at CV back when the original O-Rena/TD Waterhouse/Amway Center was the Magic's house.

Edited by JFW657