Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

7 hours ago, AmIReal said:

From Growthspotter. The AECOM building at 150 N. Orange has sold going to be renovated... again.  The company behind it is Third & Urban out of Atlanta and this type project is right up their alley. I've seen the Denham Bldg and White Provisions and they were really nicely done. View here- https://thirdandurban.com/#our-work

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-north-orange-avenue-office-building-renovation-20190718-7zgppuwiffay3pyf4yuehu6amq-story.html

Also, Mark B is reporting the Mills 7-11 near Park Lake is under contract. I was surprised to see that building is over 13,000 sq feet. Mills is a terrible walking district, but dang they have some great restaurants and bars. Any bets on what goes into the space...?

https://www.thedailycity.com/post/mills50-7-11-under-contract

The Millshouse.  A clone of the Milkhouse. :tw_lol:

Edited by codypet
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure I know the guy who bought the building. I may have misunderstood which 7-11 he was talking about but he splits his time between here and Michigan. Haven't seen him lately which is pretty normal for snowbird types. Last chat he was trying to figure out what to do with it but probably has some tenant lined up by now.

Advanced issues found

18 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Also, Mark B is reporting the Mills 7-11 near Park Lake is under contract. I was surprised to see that building is over 13,000 sq feet. Mills is a terrible walking district, but dang they have some great restaurants and bars. Any bets on what goes into the space...?

While its not traditionally walkable - dense storefronts and solidly activated streetwall - the area's walkability has improved immensely. I live on Concord and Hyer, and often walk to restaurants and bars all the way up to Virginia -- and a lot of people are doing the same.  Sidewalks are crowded at night with people going to Royaltea, getting food after a meeting at The Center, or moving from one bar to another.   I haven't seen data, but anecdotally, it feels like drivers have slowed down passing through this section at night, too, expecting the pedestrian activity, which in turn leads to increased walkability. 

Hey, has anyone heard any updates on the Vanguard/Firestone space? Last I heard, they were doing EXTENSIVE renovations, but I haven't seen much activity on the site, and definitely haven't heard anything. The reno looked pretty promising and looked to have a HOB-size venue in mind.  Anybody?

16 hours ago, bqknight said:

They said Fall - so 2/3 months would actually be pretty spot on and surprising. 

Just like that - some construction barriers are surrounding the property 

The BankUnited branch on Central and Court has been purchased and could be repurposed.   The owner owns Ace Cafe.

Owner is looking for a high end tenant and the GrowthSpotter article said that it couldn’t be a restaurant “in its current condition.”

Hopefully it becomes something that compliments Heritage Square.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

Just like that - some construction barriers are surrounding the property 

The BankUnited branch on Central and Court has been purchased and could be repurposed.   The owner owns Ace Cafe.

Owner is looking for a high end tenant and the GrowthSpotter article said that it couldn’t be a restaurant “in its current condition.”

Hopefully it becomes something that compliments Heritage Square.

It was a restaurant in its previous condition and noone ate there.

9 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It began as a ComBank branch in the ‘70’s.

I got my very first ever ATM card from ComBank back in 1981 while at UCF.

Union Park branch.

Being typical young college student type guys, my roommate buddies and I always called it something slightly different, replacing one of the vowels...  :whistling:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I got my very first ever ATM card from ComBank back in 1981 while at UCF.

Union Park branch.

Being typical young college student type guys, my roommate buddies and I always called it something slightly different, replacing one of the vowels...  :whistling:

Such naughty, naughty boys. I like that.

• Like 1