Jump to content

Downtown Orlando Project Discussion


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

Just like that - some construction barriers are surrounding the property 

The BankUnited branch on Central and Court has been purchased and could be repurposed.   The owner owns Ace Cafe.

Owner is looking for a high end tenant and the GrowthSpotter article said that it couldn’t be a restaurant “in its current condition.”

Hopefully it becomes something that compliments Heritage Square.

It was a restaurant in its previous condition and noone ate there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Lake Eola Park is one of the best urban parks in the country.  Today.  Haven't been to Orlando in 10 years or more and there is a lot more life downtown and around this park.  Great to see an

My friend grabbed some shots of downtown while flying into ORL. This one really shows how the I-4/408 interchange is coming along.  Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That was in the latest ARB report as well: http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2018/03/ARB2017-10009reportMarch2018.pdf Here is the new rendering:  A

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It began as a ComBank branch in the ‘70’s.

I got my very first ever ATM card from ComBank back in 1981 while at UCF.

Union Park branch.

Being typical young college student type guys, my roommate buddies and I always called it something slightly different, replacing one of the vowels...  :whistling:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I got my very first ever ATM card from ComBank back in 1981 while at UCF.

Union Park branch.

Being typical young college student type guys, my roommate buddies and I always called it something slightly different, replacing one of the vowels...  :whistling:

Such naughty, naughty boys. I like that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ucfpatriot18 said:

New proposed tower by Citi Tower Developer. 

338F92F2-EFF1-4A0F-BBE1-1D99023B8DFE.jpeg

C523C232-14EC-4BE3-A2DF-F159549C8E75.jpeg

Trigger Warning!!! Speculation ahead. Let's not get all worked up here, but we can be hopeful...

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-new-downtown-towers-20190801-xlburgukvjakhhqr3scvgcx3li-story.html

385 feet, 121 room hotel, spa, meeting space, condos, lions tigers, bears, oh my!!! Code name "Summit Radisson". 

The article also discusses a proposal in Parramore district and the lot directly behind DPAC.

BTW, if we score a Radisson Collection here (1st is US I think) it would be amazing.

Edited by AmIReal
added
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, If 520 ever finishes and this and CNL III ever happen South Eola will be all growns up'ed. 

That looks like a great proposal from Radisson. I sure hope the good proposals popping up soon shake out the dreck that was proposed elsewhere and maybe light a fire under MEC's ass to not get beaten to the market before the music stops. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Trigger Warning!!! Speculation ahead. Let's not get all worked up here, but we can be hopeful...

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-new-downtown-towers-20190801-xlburgukvjakhhqr3scvgcx3li-story.html

385 feet, 121 room hotel, spa, meeting space, condos, lions tigers, bears, oh my!!! Code name "Summit Radisson". 

The article also discusses a proposal in Parramore district and the lot directly behind DPAC.

BTW, if we score a Radisson Collection here (1st is US I think) it would be amazing.

385ft in that area seems a bit out of pocket. 

I'd happily welcome it. 

Also, lodging in this area could boost street business as well as have stunning views if it is that tall. 

 

I'd really like this to move forward if legs are real. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Central Ave is essentially (and successfully) built out, I do think that there is opportunity for continued development on the other streets in South Eola. 

A major hotel at this location makes a lot of sense — I’m walking distance to Lake Eola, Thornton Park, DPAC and downtown (but not being right in it).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember reading an article back after Citi Tower was first completed, with the Developers stating that they plan to build another tower downtown. After the success of Citi Tower, it’s probably almost a no brainer for them. Citi Tower is probably the most expensive and least vacant apartment tower we have downtown. Fingers crossed though

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ucfpatriot18 said:

New proposed tower by Citi Tower Developer. 

338F92F2-EFF1-4A0F-BBE1-1D99023B8DFE.jpeg

C523C232-14EC-4BE3-A2DF-F159549C8E75.jpeg

It's a cool building that I wish was going to be put somewhere else. I LOVE the tree canopy in Lake Eola Heights. This would take away quite a bit of it in that area. I like the healthy mix of small residences and highrises in the area. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Xander said:

It's a cool building that I wish was going to be put somewhere else. I LOVE the tree canopy in Lake Eola Heights. This would take away quite a bit of it in that area. I like the healthy mix of small residences and highrises in the area. 

Agreed. Moving this development to Washington & Rosalind would put the brise-soleil front and center on Lake Eola rather than obscuring the architecture by tucking the building away in South Eola. Cambria Suites & co have been dragging their feet on building the hotel for years... they might as well give the property to a developer who is ready to build a hotel NOW.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Agreed. Moving this development to Washington & Rosalind would put the brise-soleil front and center on Lake Eola rather than obscuring the architecture by tucking the building away in South Eola. Cambria Suites & co have been dragging their feet on building the hotel for years... they might as well give the property to a developer who is ready to build a hotel NOW.

Man, I really wish it could fit in that lot. Exactly what I was thinking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xander said:

It's a cool building that I wish was going to be put somewhere else. I LOVE the tree canopy in Lake Eola Heights. This would take away quite a bit of it in that area. I like the healthy mix of small residences and highrises in the area. 

Some of the larger, older trees are on the street side of the sidewalk and could possibly be saved, but there are definitely a lot of them inside the construction area that would have to come down.

Plus, amongst all the existing buildings they'd have to tear down are these two...

323echurchst.jpg

And while none of the buildings on this block are "architectural gems", destroying them (and the tree canopy) is destroying the quaint old Orlando feel of the neighborhood.

I hope it doesn't go up, but even if it doesn't, it's just a matter of time before something does. That neighborhood is doomed to become a concrete canyon eventually.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Some of the larger, older trees are on the street side of the sidewalk and could possibly be saved, but there are definitely a lot of them inside the construction area that would have to come down.

Plus, amongst all the existing buildings they'd have to tear down are these two...

323echurchst.jpg

And while none of the buildings on this block are "architectural gems", destroying them (and the tree canopy) is destroying the quaint old Orlando feel of the neighborhood.

I hope it doesn't go up, but even if it doesn't, it's just a matter of time before something does. That neighborhood is doomed to become a concrete canyon eventually.

These two buildings aren't actually a part of the assemblage.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xander said:

It's a cool building that I wish was going to be put somewhere else. I LOVE the tree canopy in Lake Eola Heights. This would take away quite a bit of it in that area. I like the healthy mix of small residences and highrises in the area. 

New construction that's over 300 feet would further balance out the height disparity that the CBD side on Orange has over the mid rises built along the 408 corridor! Ive been here less than 10 years so from an outsider's point of view, a downtown with tall scrapers built along both major highways gives off more of a true metropolis feel and look Imo!

Edited by Musikprince
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sumstra said:

These two buildings aren't actually a part of the assemblage.

That's great to hear and I hope it's the case.

I was wondering while looking at the rendering, if there was any way the base could form a kind of L shape and go around them.

That would be awesome if it's so. :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.