Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

10 hours ago, bqknight said:

I assume they’ll change it like Solaire, the Aloft building and a few others depending on what’s going on. 

My house being one of them.   I programmed some LED accent strips for Christmas that I can switch programming for.  Right now they're celebrating the Magic win over the Lakers.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, codypet said:

Huh.  That looks weird.  Modern glass on that old building.  Obviously that's better than the old awning, but hmm.

Also is it me or do the bricks not match right?

I don't hate the juxtaposition of it.  Those are definitely some new bricks, though, and they look bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, elefants said:

I don't hate the juxtaposition of it.  Those are definitely some new bricks, though, and they look bad.

I'm assuming the whole thing will get pressure cleaned and it may even it out about? A new awning should also be getting installed at some point (if they stick to the mockup). There's also supposed to be more concrete accents towards the bottom - maybe still to come?

unnamed-2-696x391.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m certainly glad the century-plus building is getting a facelift but seeing the Taco Bell interior (mostly drywall), I remember the open ground floor with a mezzanine that made the old Ivey’s seem quite grand even if it was just a store in then-tiny Orlando.

The store windows were also decorated for the seasons and with the latest merchandise. Time marches on but “progress” isn’t always an improvement (otoh, waiting for a charge slip to make it up several floors and then back to get approvals was no picnic,either...)

Edited by spenser1058

47 minutes ago, bqknight said:

I'm assuming the whole thing will get pressure cleaned and it may even it out about? A new awning should also be getting installed at some point (if they stick to the mockup). There's also supposed to be more concrete accents towards the bottom - maybe still to come?

unnamed-2-696x391.jpg

Funny sidenote, it looks like the rendering of that car has the vehicle turning after driving northbound on Orange.  oops!

• Like 2