Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

and for something a little more lighthearted...

I just bought a scooter this past Friday. I have complained about driving on this forum for years (not all the time, but I have made it known) and I enjoy driving again. I was pissed when someone stole my bicycle and I hope the stupid crackhead got more than 20 bucks for my bike. 2 rocks, man, 2 rocks. I'm over it... kinda. Anyway, I still hate driving on the brick streets and maybe a little more having to ride a scooter on them. Overall, riding a scooter is too much fun. I make trips to Publix for hardly no reason at all now. I can't wait to see what my mileage is after the engine's burn-in period. After my first fill up (1.4 gallon tank), I got 60 mpg. I am told that I can expect around 95mpg, but I drive the thing pretty hard for what it is. I'll be happy if I get around 75-80mpg. Did I mention it's fun? No lipstick. No vibrators. ALL MPG.

and for something a little more lighthearted...

I just bought a scooter this past Friday. I have complained about driving on this forum for years (not all the time, but I have made it known) and I enjoy driving again. I was pissed when someone stole my bicycle and I hope the stupid crackhead got more than 20 bucks for my bike. 2 rocks, man, 2 rocks. I'm over it... kinda. Anyway, I still hate driving on the brick streets and maybe a little more having to ride a scooter on them. Overall, riding a scooter is too much fun. I make trips to Publix for hardly no reason at all now. I can't wait to see what my mileage is after the engine's burn-in period. After my first fill up (1.4 gallon tank), I got 60 mpg. I am told that I can expect around 95mpg, but I drive the thing pretty hard for what it is. I'll be happy if I get around 75-80mpg. Did I mention it's fun? No lipstick. No vibrators. ALL MPG.

What is the highest speed?

That pic is great. Wish it would show more on the left side of the picture to get the complete skyline. It can be a Orlando density shot

155838.jpg

beautiful shot, bic.

height aside, check out all that density...

you know, that GAI BLDG is getting ready to break ground soon at South St. near WFTV, prob. just to the right of where Star Tower is in that photo. got the info from Ustler himself. 800 N. Orange, like I thought, won't go up until Jan. 1 or later. still... not so bad.

I think B&G is doing GAI.

great shot!

beautiful shot, bic.

height aside, check out all that density...

you know, that GAI BLDG is getting ready to break ground soon at South St. near WFTV, prob. just to the right of where Star Tower is in that photo. got the info from Ustler himself. 800 N. Orange, like I thought, won't go up until Jan. 1 or later. still... not so bad.

I think B&G is doing GAI.

great shot!

I rode my bike to work today and I noticed they spray painted DEMO on the old GAI building.

with regards to the Beltway article posted in the other thread, I'm glad they got it done. $30M.

now, they can move forward. if having a "beltway" is important selling point to companies thinking of moving here, then wala, here you are, except our beltway extends out twice as far as Atlanta's. is that even practical? It's less a beltway and moreso just another highway.

let's just get that commuter rail approved already.

Great pics of south street exit. It is a neat exit, the first time I used it, it did not even feel like I was in Orlando.

and that is my whole point in the SoDo thread; take this new ramp for South Street for instance... there's the new Anderson St. bridge with close-in exit ramps to I-4 and direct access to the City Commons garage. Take all these new improvements: Publix, SoDo, PTP, 408/I-4 Interchange improvements, 408 widening improvements, new condos/retail, revitalized Church St., etc... and you are witnessing Orlando's transformation before our very eyes on a wide scale. All that's left is completion of the Events Center and dpac development to get the final pieces in place to spurn some real improvements down the road.

this new exit gives downtown a grand entrance from I-4 EB that is fairly profound compared to what was there before. imagine when the Events Center opens up and when (if) the new Hilton gets built at South & Garland.