Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

The Anderson St. to I-4 EB ramp is open this am. Thank God. My exodus from downtown at night will be forever changed... no more Rosalind to Ivanhoe... no more Garland to Amelia St... Thank you FDOT and the powers that be.

Not sure about the Hughey to I-4 WB ramp though...

bic, time to wow us with another splendid overhead view if you wouldn't mind :)

The Anderson St. to I-4 EB ramp is open this am. Thank God. My exodus from downtown at night will be forever changed... no more Rosalind to Ivanhoe... no more Garland to Amelia St... Thank you FDOT and the powers that be.

Not sure about the Hughey to I-4 WB ramp though...

bic, time to wow us with another splendid overhead view if you wouldn't mind :)

My understanding is the Hughey to I-4 W ramp will not open until the completion of the Events Center. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

My understanding is the Hughey to I-4 W ramp will not open until the completion of the Events Center. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

could be. lots of construction to be had on that stretch of road between Church and South St. But, from South St. south, I would think they could open it and people could pick it up from South St. & Orange coming from the CBD...

^^

the Events Center.

as for the new ramp, there's a little bit of a dip in the construction of it before you hit I-4; looks like an elevation flaw; it's noticeable; and the ramp is a pain when there's slow moving vehicles to the left and merging ones to the right (408 WB to I-4 EB). Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Turnpike getting widened around the Turnpike-429 interchange? There's quite a bit of construction going on out there.

exciting, isn't it.

it's going to be 8 lanes all the way to Beulah Rd. which is a mile west of 429.

now, this interchange will be eirilly similar to the I-75/595 interchange in Sunrise in size, etc...

talk about one's first impression coming into Orlando now... the only problem is that the TNPK/I-4 and TNPK/528/441 interchanges suck... the roads are wide, but the interchanges suck.

I think the interchange for the TNPK to I-4 would have to be tailored to the redesign of the I-4/Kirkman Rd. interchange, b/c they are so close together.

florida department of transportation crews plan to open the new ramp from the south street and hughey avenue intersection to westbound I-4 next week. hughey avenue will re-open between church and south streets. the ramp and street openings include activating a traffic signal at the intersection of south street and hughey avenue.

2981875954_fc9cba4baa_b.jpg

^ that interchange is already becoming a very interesting one just to look at, so when phase 2 is completing, it will no doubt be a marvel. i can't wait to see the aerials of this area a few years down the road.

btw, is it just me or does every aerial shot of the anderson st. bridge kind of seem like it was taken with a fish-eye lense, thanks to the bridge's unique curvature?

florida department of transportation crews plan to open the new ramp from the south street and hughey avenue intersection to westbound I-4 next week. hughey avenue will re-open between church and south streets. the ramp and street openings include activating a traffic signal at the intersection of south street and hughey avenue.

2981875954_fc9cba4baa_b.jpg

has anyone used this ramp yet?

New Ramp still not open this evening. I imagine they are waiting to mobilize on the construction of South Street between Hughey and Division prior to opening up the ramp. Curious though, cause it appeared as it some wisecracks today may have made a small dent in the barricade so that a car can squeeze through for an express route onto the freeway.

I just received the snail mail notice about the public review of Orange Ave resurfacing from Colonial to Mills (FPN No. 422004-1-52-01) on Nov 20 @ 5 pm @ the Loch Haven Neighborhood Center. Project Scope, to begin construction in August 2009:

* Milling & Resurfacing of roadway and parking lanes

* ADA upgrades and curb ramp improvements @ all intersections and side streets

* Signal upgrades to Mast Arms @ Magnolia and 50, Orange, Ivanhoe, Highland; Orange and Highland

* Additional signal upgrades @ Orange & New Hampsire, Clay/Wilkinson

* Parking spaces to be striped and upgraded, preserving and/or adding on-street parking if possible

* Southbound Orange (one-way) reduced from 4 to 3 travel lanes and a bike lane added

* Bike lane added to northbound Magnolia (one-way)

* Sidewalk addition @ Statue of Liberty Islands

* Construct bulb outs @ Orange and Marks, 50

I'm psyched about the reduction of lanes to 3 at s.b. Orange with a bike lane. Things always seem too tight the way it is. And bulbouts at Orange and 50 sure will be an improvement to what's there now!