Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

On 4/19/2022 at 10:54 AM, codypet said:

Honestly now that it IS actually coming down, I'm curious how hilarious this is gonna be when it blows up in their face that there's just this ugly disconnected lot.

"OH! You must think LONG term..." 

What a joke. This will be a homeless playground on a main drag through Orlando's Downtown. 

• Like 1

The other angle.  I was with Brandon at pop Parlour when we heard a massive bang. 
you can  see the tire tracks on the sidewalk. They were inches away from taking out a group sitting at that table 

its a miracle no one was seriously  injured  (one dude was hit but walked away with just some cuts and I imagine bruises) 

94DEA2ED-1DC3-4AB3-AB80-22AA9965959C.jpeg

• Like 1

I saw that from my office building today and wondered what all the flashy lights were about. 

I walk that sidewalk at least once a week to go to publix on my lunch walks. 

Sometimes there is a pristine white ferrari with yellow trim and black stripes parked there. That would be quite interesting if the tesla had hit that. 

I don't buy the "autopilot malfunctioned" thing. Seems like a dumbass factor involved here. 

• Like 3

On 4/22/2022 at 12:21 PM, popsiclebrandon said:

Well we should get a new light pole and stuff here soon.

messages_0.thumb.jpeg.5ba608050364576b5806974f4a201c1f.jpeg

Idiots. I used to sit with my partner at Metro Expresso across the street and hold up score cards for the people trying to park or get out of those giant  parking spots. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Who also seems to be in no hurry but since he was mostly proposing dreck I suppose we should be thankful.

No, he wants to go big from what I hear. The Society sale worked out well and he sees Central Florida as a value compared to Miami and will start to see an increase in density. I don't know the details but I hear it will be dense. At least for Central Florida. 

• Like 1

I'll be surprised if much happens with the Sentinel site before creative village and other obvious vacant lots are more built out.

I imagine the size and somewhat unwelcoming borders are going to make urban/pedestrian friendly development a challenge.  

• Like 1

In a column about the departure of its executive chef, Scott J notes the Grand Bo is about to undergo a $20 million refurb which will include a major redo of its kitchen and dining areas. Sadly, the art gallery will be converted to a private dining space:

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/6016-venoy-rogers-iii-leaves-grandbo-to-beef-up-his-resume