Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Ok now I'm genuinely curious

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

So what I do know: 24-story residential, 300 units, approx 300,000 SF, ground floor retail "shell space" fronting the street, 1st two floors are retail/leasing office/amenities.  No "pedestal" I don't believe because the developer already bought the whole property/block and there are existing garages that are not fully utilizedIt is a a tight site in DT core, so will be somewhat tall and skinny at approximately the same height as Citi Tower.  

My guess....

Screenshot-20220519-192524.jpg

Amirite?  ;) 

5 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

I was going to say, that facade of the existing building where the Pizza Planet is isn't really not worth saving.

Perhaps its the lot directly behind the Dolive building?

I was assuming they'd just raze Planet Pizza altogether and tie the new tower into the existing buildings facing Orange.

The part about existing garageS is what makes me think it's that site.

Only parcel I know of in the core with more than one garage.

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

I was assuming they'd just raze Planet Pizza altogether and tie the new tower into the existing buildings facing Orange.

The part about existing garageS is what makes me think it's that site.

Only parcel I know of in the core with more than one garage.

They just put a new bar in to replace Ibar/Barbarella so I don't think that existing building would be tied into.

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

I was going to say, that facade of the existing building where the Pizza Planet is isn't really not worth saving.

Perhaps its the lot directly behind the Dolive building?

This is what I was thinking.

Sorry guys, I don't know the "exact" footprint, I didn't see the site plans, and it is still review plans of the building for estimate right now.  I know the general block, and JFW is close.  (I wasn't trying to make this a guessing game, I just can't say for sure, so I won't). 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Here?

7962EFDA-0161-4D42-B409-5088E2D279F1.png

Both those buildings in that photo got a major update in the last 3 years.

9 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Has anything replaced Beacham? Didn’t that close down? 

I could see that as a “shell” space for retail. 

IIRC its still open.  Just Ibar moved.

16 minutes ago, OrlandoBeaver said:

image.png.ac269cd6272269f130838e84a632e970.png

i would like to throw my guess into the ring... hot or cold? 

7 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

:tw_thumbsup:

That would be like, totally awesome dude!!!, if they renovated the Beacham and incorporated it.  :shades:  

Fingers crossed hard that this happens. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

That would be like, totally awesome dude!!!, if they renovated the Beacham and incorporated it.  :shades:  

Fingers crossed hard that this happens. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the 20 N orange building which does not include the Beacham? 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jack said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the 20 N orange building which does not include the Beacham? 

20 N Orange? Will John Morgan be homeless? For the Stoners!

Speaking of Morgan & Morgan, they’re now the largest injury law firm in the country (they have offices or affiliates in most states). That makes them one of our few corporate headquarters.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jack said:

The Beacham could still be part of an overall plan.

Maybe a renovation could create new, rear entryways to it, Valentine's and the other bar(s) fronting Orange through some sort of ground floor lobby/plaza retail arcade type setup.

Screenshot-20220520-174459.jpg

:dontknow: 

Edited by JFW657

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

That is not the correct site footprint of the lot the developer owns. As stated, they bought the existing building and the garage. Beacham and the big bar complex are different lots. 

Only thing I can think about in the core is Modera or sky House. But it looks like Madera is already going to be building across the street And even then, I don't know that either one of those can't be built on top of as you suggested before as a possibility. But looking at those garages on the maps they are underutilized. I see one more area. So I guess my only question is, is it within a three block walk of the Orlando public library? 

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

The Beacham could still be part of an overall plan.

Maybe a renovation could create new, rear entryways to it, Valentine's and the other bar(s) fronting Orange through some sort of ground floor lobby/plaza retail arcade type setup.

Screenshot-20220520-174459.jpg

:dontknow: 

Screenshot_20220520-202959.png

Just now, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Screenshot_20220520-202959.png

?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I meant the outline that JFW drew. That is the property, but the outline in yellow is wrong. 

I didn't include the parking garage that fronts Washington St., but wouldn't the tower go pretty much where I indicated (the section with diagonal hatching)?

I can't see anywhere else where a tower could go except for in the parking lot of 20 N. Orange facing Central.

That is my assumption, @IAmFloridaBorn given the numbers in the program. I think it is the little parking lot fronting central.   The floors and overall sf would suggest a footprint of about 13-15k SF per floor. The address of the property is correct. 

Like I said, I have not seen actual plans, so I can't say for sure. All I had was the address/plot/block and the description of stories/SF.  At first I thought it might be a gut/re-use of existing, but makes more sense in that little parking lot. It would be a tallish skinny tower in that location, which would be a nice departure.  Alternatively it could be fronting orange with a weird shape or something south of the Beacham, but my assumption was it is that little lot. 

Edited by dcluley98