Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

I just posted about this in the old 801 N. Orange Thread (you can see the old renderings there.) Here's 800 N. Orange's new look: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102989576106-70/800+N.+Orange+Ave..pdf

I participated in the meetings with Ustler last time, and I'm very interested in the revival of this project (albiet glad I don't own a unit adjacent to the 800 N. Orange lot.) The only concern I have with this and every other project happening around here is parking.

A zoning variance application has been submitted for the vacant lot surrounded by Park North condos (800 N Orange Ave). Setbacks typically required for both properties are too close and a shared driveway easement leading to Park North's parking garage was never recorded by the city. They are asking for a variance to the side yard setback to allow for more surface parking rather than construct a parking garage as previously planned. The 5 story office building will have 38 surface parking spaces, and 8 ground level garage spaces with access to the lobby - something similar to the citrus building accross the street. I do recall Park North fighting this development in the past, but it seems as if both parties have come to a compromise.

attachicon.gif800 N Orange.jpgattachicon.gif800 N Orange Site Plan.jpg

I just posted about this in the old 801 N. Orange Thread (you can see the old renderings there.) Here's 800 N. Orange's new look: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102989576106-70/800+N.+Orange+Ave..pdf

I participated in the meetings with Ustler last time, and I'm very interested in the revival of this project (albiet glad I don't own a unit adjacent to the 800 N. Orange lot.) The only concern I have with this and every other project happening around here is parking.

I'll delete my post. Yeah it would totally suck to lose the view but at least it's a great looking building. I think anyone owning a unit facing that lot were either in denial or had a dishonest Realtor.The Metropolitan is also built around a little strip of land so I'm sure a few people are going to feign surprise when something is proposed for the parking lot. The same goes for anyone living in the Vue facing Fifth Third Bank - if plans are ever revived.

So you've met Craig Ustler? I think I'd probably get a little star-struck around him lol.

Just wanted to say that I've driven in most of the major cities in North American and Australia and Orlando's roads are the best BY FAR I've ever experienced. No, not talking about traffic. I'm talking about the condition of the roads. Orlando roads are glassy-smooth compared to other cities.

Indeed, the county is resurfacing the streets of my own neighborhood as I speak, not that there was anything wrong with them, being that they are Orlando roads.

My question is, where does the city-county get the money to maintain our comparatively immaculate roads ? The Expressway Authority ?

Eh, East Orlando's has a lot of roads that have been in absolutely terrible, atrocious shape before they were resurfaced, and there is still plenty of bad roads in the area. Depends where in the county you are looking. There there are other roads that get resurfaced with no need for it at all. I think its very poorly managed, and probably has too much funding, taken from other minor improvements a lot of other areas seem to do all the time (i.e, building turning lanes)

Eh, East Orlando's has a lot of roads that have been in absolutely terrible, atrocious shape before they were resurfaced, and there is still plenty of bad roads in the area. Depends where in the county you are looking. There there are other roads that get resurfaced with no need for it at all. I think its very poorly managed, and probably has too much funding, taken from other minor improvements a lot of other areas seem to do all the time (i.e, building turning lanes)

I've lived in East Orlando for eleven years now. I've been in sales and have driven the town backwards and forwards. Some roads may be in need of repair. But overall, i maintain that Orlando roads are hands-down the best I've ever experienced. And there are very few major US cities I haven't driven in.

Go ahead. Drive other cities. Then come back to Orlando. I trust you'll see what I mean. ;)

They opened the apartments in phases starting about a month ago with the portion closest to Colonial while finishing interiors in the more northern units... I am sure they are finished by now, although they were still applying some exterior finishes to the parking garage the last time I took notice.

Hello and welcome back!! In my last article in my blog shown in my signature will bring you a bit up to date of all the construction going on in the downtown area. I'm sure you can see how active this forum is now with all the development going on, hopefully this boom will have a good stretch. 

Thanks!! great blog too btw. 

I peeked in there over the weekend--it looks like you have a lot of work to do this week, good luck.

Not really too much left. Got all the tables and chairs done, got our art prints hung. Just need to get the rest of our equipment delivered this Wednesday and get a bunch of little things done. Good thing about a small space is it limits how much you can buy and put in.

Also took a look when I walked by during Spring Fiesta.  Excited to have you guys open.  Post looked like they were renovating their leasing office too.

Any word on your neighbors, WOB - and when they are opening?  

Glad to have Central doing so well.   It should be even better once Lymmo starts rolling.

Also took a look when I walked by during Spring Fiesta.  Excited to have you guys open.  Post looked like they were renovating their leasing office too.

Any word on your neighbors, WOB - and when they are opening?  

Glad to have Central doing so well.   It should be even better once Lymmo starts rolling.

From what I understand, a washer flooded the laundry room above the leasing office at Post and damaged the ceiling and a lot of other stuff.