Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Lake Eola Park is one of the best urban parks in the country.  Today.  Haven't been to Orlando in 10 years or more and there is a lot more life downtown and around this park.  Great to see an

My friend grabbed some shots of downtown while flying into ORL. This one really shows how the I-4/408 interchange is coming along.  Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That was in the latest ARB report as well: http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2018/03/ARB2017-10009reportMarch2018.pdf Here is the new rendering:  A

Posted Images

Finally - some movement on the vacant lot at Orange and Pine. A year or so ago we heard about a 3 story building with a corkscrew slide from the third to the first floor.

The 9/24 BZA agenda has this site included.

The building had shrunk since the 2011 iteration. It was planned for 3 story, 13039 sqft and now is only 2 story with rooftop deck. 43 feet tall.

For those that prefer to read a story, posted on Bungalower.com this morning.

There's an ARB notice for a new high rise sign outside of Aspire. Looks like there will be a new name. I'm glad, no one ever called it the KEL building.

The new name on the building will be BBVA Compass. Don't know if I see that catching on either. So what DO people call this building? Do non-residents refer to it as Aspire?

Great news if it happens! Were there ever known plans for the block to the east of the new Orlando Lutheran site project between Osceola and Eola and Church and Mariposa?

Lots of good stuff happening in Eola South - especially around the LYMMO expansion.

In other news, Pine 22 is closing/closed (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=594140953981511&id=124278644301080), and from the looks of it walking by last Friday night, On the Rocks closed as well.

However, Schaumann's Jager Haus opened and is AMAZING.  Great theming, Great food, Great prices ($10 for a liter of quality German beer).  Talked with the manager, seemed like a cool guy.  Living basically right above this is going to end badly.

Saw this one in person yesterday and I am a big fan. I also saw the installation of birds on the north side of the park and that one looks promising.

Yeah those two are my favorites....of the three that are out there :) I should be able to post the birds later this week. I'm trying to respect the artists and not post until the sculptures are complete (minus lights, base and landscaping).

Saw this one in person yesterday and I am a big fan. I also saw the installation of birds on the north side of the park and that one looks promising.

Yeah, I think the flock of silver birds in front of the fountain are going to be an iconic photo for Orlando.

Yeah those two are my favorites....of the three that are out there :) I should be able to post the birds later this week. I'm trying to respect the artists and not post until the sculptures are complete (minus lights, base and landscaping).

What's funny is that my wife and I walked around on Sunday, and I took her over to the globe one with the fish and she really liked it. She knows much more about art than I do as her family is full of professional artists...so it is true that each person will see the pieces differently.

Overall I am very excited about all of the installations now. They will get people walking, talking, and taking photos. If I had to gripe I would say too many of them went to Lake Eola. I think Church St should have at least gotten one of them.

Edited by Pete C