Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

sunshine

This looks like a pretty decent plan.  Like others have stated, the Pine Street connection is a big plus.  Hopefully the parking garage will have ground floor retail.  I'm also very curious to see what becomes of the adjacent lot just north of Hughes Supply.  This lot can really pull the soccer stadium into this complex by creating a solid pedestrian route along Pine Street if they do it right.  I've seen some interesting "alleyway" streetscaping in Tokyo, Paris, New Orleans...Pine Street could potentially get this treatment.  It could be turned into a pedestrian way during games.

Edited by prahaboheme

They even put the 4 story building. The article should have been more on the street dynamic changing and infill developments.

The article should haven been headlined "Ten projects Dyer talked about a month ago". Not sure why they waited so long to run this and then make it sound like they came up with the list. But what can you do :)

• Like 2

The article should haven been headlined "Ten projects Dyer talked about a month ago". Not sure why they waited so long to run this and then make it sound like they came up with the list. But what can you do :)

The Sentinel gets it's list from Dyer, and Dyer gets his list from UrbanPlanet.

Case in point:  Dyer's sudden about-face on downtown retail!

• Like 1

For the entire project, yeah probably more than 6 years.  But hopefully they do it in sections and take care of the International Drive/Kirkman upgrades first because driving through the attractions is a pain!

It mentions in the video about the previous update to JYP, and remembering what that was like before the changes were made makes me very happy that this is being done.

"The Union" sculpture on Robinson/Eola was lit last night as well.  It has very intense colored "disco" balls at the top.  I like the sculpture in the daytime, but it seems a bit too bright at night.  "Take Flight" was also washed in a light blue light and looked pretty good except the post on land did not look lighted, so it looked incomplete.