Downtown Orlando Project Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Lake Eola Park is one of the best urban parks in the country.  Today.  Haven't been to Orlando in 10 years or more and there is a lot more life downtown and around this park.  Great to see an

My friend grabbed some shots of downtown while flying into ORL. This one really shows how the I-4/408 interchange is coming along.  Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That was in the latest ARB report as well: http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2018/03/ARB2017-10009reportMarch2018.pdf Here is the new rendering:  A

Posted Images

True, but if you put yourself in their shoes would you want to move into a a cubical retail spot that you didn't own, or keep a prime piece of property and building you probably paid off years ago. I'm sure when the time comes and its sold they'll figure out something really nice to do with that corner.

• Like 2

That's what I was thinking.

The hotel property owners could buy it & turn that area into a nice courtyard or extend the lobby.

Maybe include a restaurant & bar in the space too.

Still, it would've been nice to see the initial design with that space incorporated into it.

• Like 1

Was reading the Rida development thread and had a thought that probably belongs here:

Does anyone have a running count of how many new dwellings are being built in the CBD and uptown over the next 1-3 years and a current total number of dwellings?

I don't really have a good idea of how many people actually live downtown and how much of an increase is represented by all of these apartment projects. I would really love to see that data but I have no clue where to find it.

Edited by castorvx

Was reading the Rida development thread and had a thought that probably belongs here:

Does anyone have a running count of how many new dwellings are being built in the CBD and uptown over the next 1-3 years and a current total number of dwellings?

I don't really have a good idea of how many people actually live downtown and how much of an increase is represented by all of these apartment projects. I would really love to see that data but I have no clue where to find it.

this will probably get you close to the answer: http://www.cityoforlando.net/gis/pdf/DowntownCRA/ResidentialBuildings.pdf

I'm not overly bothered by this.  Sure I'd love a grand project, but Lexington court is such on the periphery.  What are you going to attract to Amelia and Hughey?  Once DPAC is finished, that area is basically done until (if) Creative Village gets going.  That far north, I-4 is still a divider.

• Like 1

County says it's waiting until March to open the road.

Yep.  I just heard about that as well.  I cannot wait to use Palm Parkway to Fenton and back again.  I am drooling over this project and the development implications for the immediate area.  its not-yet-built counterpart ala Major Blvd to Grand National will do wonders up there as well.

Yep.  I just heard about that as well.  I cannot wait to use Palm Parkway to Fenton and back again.  I am drooling over this project and the development implications for the immediate area.  its not-yet-built counterpart ala Major Blvd to Grand National will do wonders up there as well.

IIRC Grand National is going up with I-4 ultimate.  I could be wrong though.