Union Station Redevelopment

RestedTraveler

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I really don't get the hole in the tent roof over the platform. Given that Denver has a Fentresstic infatuation with tent coverings, I get that. But to have the entire platform exposed to the elements? This isn't San Diego, where you could get away with something like that.

Seems to me they just tore down a stadium in Texas for having that same characteristic. Oh well, utility be d@mned.

:cold:

• 2 months later...

I really don't get the hole in the tent roof over the platform. Given that Denver has a Fentresstic infatuation with tent coverings, I get that. But to have the entire platform exposed to the elements? This isn't San Diego, where you could get away with something like that.

Seems to me they just tore down a stadium in Texas for having that same characteristic. Oh well, utility be d@mned.

:cold:

I think it has everything to do with the weather. A lot of people think of Denver and instantly think, "Brrrrr it's cold during the winter." The fact is: Denver enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine per year. The climate is relatively mild and not very humid...and quite frankly, most people in Denver enjoy being outdoors, even in the winter. You raise an interesting comparison to the stadium in Irving. I don't believe you can say that Texans (especially in the DFW Metroplex) really truly enjoy being outdoors year-round. The summers are miserably hot. I've had times in Dallas (during July and August) where you're hard-pressed to find people out walking along the streets. The place can be barren because people are trying to stay out of the heat...you need only to venture indoors to find everyone, though. Even in the middle of winter in Denver, you'll find people walking up and down the 16th Street Mall. You could argue that it's just a culture thing...but I think it has more to do with the weather.

Archived