Hotel/residential tower planned for Downtown Macon

yerocal

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Developers led by former Mercer University President Kirby Godsey want to build a $50 million project that would put a boutique hotel, residential high-rise and restaurant, and an upscale office building between Riverside Drive and the Ocmulgee River.

http://www.macon.com...lanned-for.html

the conceptual plan was done by Roger Miller of Cooper Carry.sounds alot like the Riverplace development he designed in greenville.hope it turns out as nice if bulit. http://riverplacesc.com/

• 6 months later...

The Renaissance on the River -- a $60 million riverfront hotel, office and residential development proposed for riverfront property off Riverside Drive -- inched a step closer to reality Monday.

The Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority voted to draft a letter of intent that would allow developers to begin marketing the project’s first phase, which would feature an upscale tower hotel with 40 rooms, 24 condominiums and top-floor restaurant and club. The vote calls for the authority to have the letter of intent approved by June 1 and an option on the 12-acre site approved by Sept. 1.

http://www.macon.com/2011/03/29/1504811/river-renaissance.html

• 1 month later...

Terms reached on $50 million river development in downtown Macon

The Macon-Bibb County Development Authority executed a letter of intent Thursday that gives developers the go-ahead to seek financing for Renaissance on the River -- a $50 million upscale hotel, condominiums and office development off Riverside Drive. According to the letter of intent, the developers intend to build 24 condos, a 42-bed hotel and 100,000 square feet of office and commercial space, along with a parking garage, a “River Club” at the top of the tower hotel. Phase two calls for 142 apartment units over ground floor retail.

Read more: Terms reached on $50 million river development in downtown Macon - Business - Macon.com

• 2 months later...

Thanks, and how about the height, they haven't found that yet either?

I know there's going to be 3 floors of hotel rooms,8 floors of condos and a top floor of the The River Club restaurant and meeting space.I think they said it will have some street level retail space also.so my educated guess would be around 13 floors,about the same height as the BBT building.

I know there's going to be 3 floors of hotel rooms,8 floors of condos and a top floor of the The River Club restaurant and meeting space.I think they said it will have some street level retail space also.so my educated guess would be around 13 floors,about the same height as the BBT building.

I think around 13 floors.3 floors of hotel rooms,8 floors of condos and a top floor of a restaurant and meeting space.I also think they said it would have some street level retail space.

I think around 13 floors.3 floors of hotel rooms,8 floors of condos and a top floor of a restaurant and meeting space.I also think they said it would have some street level retail space.

Actually on Macon.com it says that it is a 42 room 24 condo hotel along with apartments so lets say there are 6 rooms on each floor, 6 goes into 42, 7 times 6 goes into 24, 4 times, 7+4=11 but if the apartments are apart of the hotel too then the hotel would be a lot taller because there will be 142 apartments, and they say it's supposed to be a tower hotel.

http://www.macon.com...enaissance.html

Actually on Macon.com it says that it is a 42 room 24 condo hotel along with apartments so lets say there are 6 rooms on each floor, 6 goes into 42, 7 times 6 goes into 24, 4 times, 7+4=11 but if the apartments are apart of the hotel too then the hotel would be a lot taller because there will be 142 apartments, and they say it's supposed to be a tower hotel.

http://www.macon.com...enaissance.html

the apartments are in phase two and will be a seperate building.the architect designing it designed Riverplace in Greenville,S.C which this development will have alot of the same design elements.

the apartments are in phase two and will be a seperate building.the architect designing it designed Riverplace in Greenville,S.C which this development will have alot of the same design elements.

So will they be connected like twin towers or seperate.

I caught a glimpse of the architects rendering from a distance.the apartment are in a different area from the hotel and office building.the apartments from what i understand will be mixed-use buildings with 4 stories.the ground floor will be retail with 3 stories of apartments above.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived