Florida preacher plans Koran burning event.

Charlotteman

Everyone probably knows about Pastor Terry Jones's plans to burn Korans on the ninth anniversary of 9/11. He runs a small Florida church, and has been involved in anti-Islam activities for quite some time.

Of course this is free speech. Americans hold Freedom of Speech as an almost ecclesiastical edict. So there's nothing any governmental agency can do about it. The FBI, the military and even Gen. Petraeus himself have tried to reason with this whacko pastor, but he seems intent on carrying it out.

100% guaranteed this is going to cause a major uproar among radical muslims. I must admit, five years ago, I might have been burning Korans right along with them. I guess five years has brought me some extra wisdom----when a pit bull is facing you down, the last thing you do is infuriate him......

Freedom of Speech vs. insanity. This event will incorporate both.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has just been reported that the FBI has also paid the church a visit now as well and is apparently weighing options to see where they can legally charge him for something, if anything at all. I have no doubt that if he gets to carrying this out, that he is going to end up being murdered, his church burned, or something. This wack job is a complete distraction from all that may be beneficial to our country. Absolutely disgusting!

The Taliban in Afghanistan is distributing leaflets throughout the country claiming the US is at war with Islam. Of course the whacko Florida preacher is at the headline of every pamphlet.

Afghanistan is so isolated, with little communication to remote areas, that the people there are taking the leaflets literally. Most of us are probably aware that tens of thousands of Afghani people are protesting and rioting. Plenty of injuries, and one death so far.

It's the most ironic thing---every time Muslims become infuriated with the West over an "insult" to Islam, it's always Muslims who are killed and injured during the resulting reactions. I haven't heard of a single Westerner killed after the Danish cartoon incident, nor after the Salmon Rushdie incident.

Archived