Celadon New Town not as new?

suydam

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can tell, they only have one (maybe two) residential neighbors. Other than that, their neighbors are Meijer, Celebration Cinema, Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera and a liquor store. Are the neighbors concerned more residents would somehow lower the tone of the neighborhood?

I wasn't there, so I cannot comment with certainty... but to me it seems like they promised a new-urban neighborhood with residential and commercial mixed into the development. Now, instead of getting that, they're getting residential duplexes and very little commercial. I suppose regardless of the surrounding areas, that might upset me too if I lived there.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this has to be one of the (if not the) ugliest developments in the metro area. Aside from the commercial/professional buildings on Knapp, which I like, the residential section is a design nightmare. Poorly planned, poorly executed and unless there is a walkway that takes you from Celadon to the west entrance of Celebration North, I can't imagine anyone actually choosing to live there. It's too bad too - I had high hopes for this project when it was announced.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this has to be one of the (if not the) ugliest developments in the metro area. Aside from the commercial/professional buildings on Knapp, which I like, the residential section is a design nightmare. Poorly planned, poorly executed and unless there is a walkway that takes you from Celadon to the west entrance of Celebration North, I can't imagine anyone actually choosing to live there. It's too bad too - I had high hopes for this project when it was announced.

The residential portion is actually selling really well, moreso than the commercial, which is why they are seeking more residential units.

Archived