Wawa coming to Orlando (and Tampa)

Jernigan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed that the Wawa @ Orange & Pineloch is about halfway completed already????

The steel framing is complete, they're putting the exterior on & the gas island canopy is up.

Wawa wow!!! 

I'm already looking forward to more of that free grand opening coffee for a couple of weeks!!!! bth_smiley_drinkcoffee.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I know is was an absolutely unremarkable office building, but the fact it was used by Dr. Phillips/Minute Maid as the center of our once-powerful citrus industry makes its demise rather sad. Even more so when the replacement is a convenience store, albeit a very nice one. Alas, progress. 

A nice summary on the Orlando Retro blog:

http://orlandoretro.com/2013/07/04/minute-maid-headquarters-in-orlando/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

There was talk of a WaWa somewhere on Curry Ford between Econ and Dean, but I haven't heard a peep about it lately.  Someone even attended a neighborhood meeting on it??  I don't think he ever reported back.

Are there any more WaWa currently under construction?

I never made it to the meeting but the neighborhood newsletter we got last month said it's still being discussed.

I think the light they want to put up at the front of my neighborhood is slowing things down.

I never made it to the meeting but the neighborhood newsletter we got last month said it's still being discussed.

I think the light they want to put up at the front of my neighborhood is slowing things down.

I drive past it every day.  Looks like the folks coming out of your neighborhood, that McDonald's, dollar store, and the apartments have a rough time.  It's going to get a lot worse whenever that complex opens next to the 417. 

I'm not even sure how that thing is going to function.  It's RIGHT UP THERE and no one is going to be able to get in or out easily. 

Edited to attach crude MS Paint image.

post-21148-0-85245200-1417541214_thumb.j

There was talk of a WaWa somewhere on Curry Ford between Econ and Dean, but I haven't heard a peep about it lately.  Someone even attended a neighborhood meeting on it??  I don't think he ever reported back.

Are there any more WaWa currently under construction?

I haven't been in the area in a month or two, but is the one at OBT and Colonial open?

I drive past it every day.  Looks like the folks coming out of your neighborhood, that McDonald's, dollar store, and the apartments have a rough time.  It's going to get a lot worse whenever that complex opens next to the 417. 

I'm not even sure how that thing is going to function.  It's RIGHT UP THERE and no one is going to be able to get in or out easily. 

Edited to attach crude MS Paint image.

I believe the spot they're looking at is to the right of mcdonalds in your map.

I spend a lot of time making a right out of my neighborhood and u-turning down the road to avoid waiting all day for the left.

There's been a few accidents I've seen there in the short few years I've lived here. Can only imagine how many I haven't seen.

I believe the spot they're looking at is to the right of mcdonalds in your map.

I spend a lot of time making a right out of my neighborhood and u-turning down the road to avoid waiting all day for the left.

There's been a few accidents I've seen there in the short few years I've lived here. Can only imagine how many I haven't seen.

I've seen some of those accidents.  The number has gone up quite a bit since the apartments opened.

All 4 of the places I put on my crude map are viable options according to the FOR SALE signs with zoning info on them up at those sites, but you're probably correct.

My wife thinks that lot would be perfect for a Chipotle.  I think that's because she likes Chipotle and hates the location at Waterford because they are slow/crappy.

I've seen some of those accidents.  The number has gone up quite a bit since the apartments opened.

All 4 of the places I put on my crude map are viable options according to the FOR SALE signs with zoning info on them up at those sites, but you're probably correct.

My wife thinks that lot would be perfect for a Chipotle.  I think that's because she likes Chipotle and hates the location at Waterford because they are slow/crappy.

The reason I mentioned it being the far right one is because I recall my neighbor saying that they had to do something about that pond thing next to it. I think there has to be an entrance/exit going that direction as well. He wasn't very clear though.

I'll have to ask him again next time I see him.

That would make my day so much tougher, having to choose between chipotle and wawa for lunch every day. I accept that challenge though.

• 3 months later...

The location on Curry Ford between the 417 and Dean Road is picking up steam again.

Phone calls and flyers are supposedly being made in regards to signage.  I haven't seen this, but have heard it is coming.  If I can get my hands on a flyer, I will post it.  That should narrow down exactly which lot they are considering.

The location on Curry Ford between the 417 and Dean Road is picking up steam again.

Phone calls and flyers are supposedly being made in regards to signage.  I haven't seen this, but have heard it is coming.  If I can get my hands on a flyer, I will post it.  That should narrow down exactly which lot they are considering.

Finally! Our last two quarterly neighborhood newsletter things had a note that it was still pending, but since that note was exactly the same in both newsletters I wasn't very encouraged. Thought it might be a dead project.

Archived