Charlotte Motor Speedway

HopHead

I didn't see a topic for this, so thought this was a good item to start off with. It appears that Bruton Smith will have the largest HDTV in the world at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Construction by Panasonic will soon start on a 200 feet wide, 80 feet tall HDTV at the speedway. Just to put it in perspective the HDTV at Cowboys stadium in Dallas measures at 180 feet wide by 72 feet tall. The only difference is that it's 4-sided. The one at the speedway will be in one end at the track. Part of the idea behind this is to create more events at the speedway when its not race week. Already Garth Brooks is being mentioned a possible performer at the track next year. The HDTV will be ready in time for the May 2011 race.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2010/09/larger_than_life_and_then_some.html

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see a topic for this, so thought this was a good item to start off with. It appears that Bruton Smith will have the largest HDTV in the world at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Construction by Panasonic will soon start on a 200 feet wide, 80 feet tall HDTV at the speedway. Just to put it in perspective the HDTV at Cowboys stadium in Dallas measures at 180 feet wide by 72 feet tall. The only difference is that it's 4-sided. The one at the speedway will be in one end at the track. Part of the idea behind this is to create more events at the speedway when its not race week. Already Garth Brooks is being mentioned a possible performer at the track next year. The HDTV will be ready in time for the May 2011 race.

http://charlotte.biz..._then_some.html

The monitor sounds cool, but the best part of this story for me is the possible use of the Speedway for more events. That would be good for the economy and good for the region.

The monitor sounds cool, but the best part of this story for me is the possible use of the Speedway for more events. That would be good for the economy and good for the region.

Yea, I agree. I always thought they could find other ways to make the track useful. Staging large concerts or festivals is one way. I also like the Christmas Village concept they will set up this winter. That will be pretty neat to see when you're flying in/out of CLT airport at night.

Archived