Greenville Road Warriors

gman430

Couldn't find a thread regarding this, so I decided to start one. Single game tickets for the Greenville Road Warriors went on sale today. :thumbsup: First home game scheduled for October 21st. All home games are slated to be played at the Bi-Lo Center. Ticket prices range in price from $9-$17. There will also be a pre-season game at the Bi-Lo Center on October 12th. All tickets for that are only $6.

New official website: http://www.greenvilleroadwarriors.com/

Mascot which was unveiled yesterday: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/36204-road-warriors-introduce-lsquo-road-hog-rsquo-mascot?rss=0

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

With the beatdown win over Gwinnett last night, the Road Warriors not only moved into first place in their division but also claimed the best record in the entire ECHL this season: http://www.echl.com/...?type=standings :tough:

Excellent! I've been to one game this season and enjoyed it. It was cool to see some Players from my alma mater RIT. both on the Road Warriors and the Stingrays. Course they change players around to much to keep track. Anyone know what the average attendance has been? meeting expectations, exceeding? Will more then likely be going to a couple more games this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is great to see the growing enthusiasm for the Road Warriors. With a couple of recent games over the 5K mark in attendance, seems the Road Warriors are definitely tapping into the community. I've noticed when out with friends lately, the Road Warriors come up much more frequently as a topic of conversation. Could the great year they are having (wins) be influencing things or has Greenville finally warmed to ice hockey? :dontknow: Either way, nice to see.

It is great to see the growing enthusiasm for the Road Warriors. With a couple of recent games over the 5K mark in attendance, seems the Road Warriors are definitely tapping into the community. I've noticed when out with friends lately, the Road Warriors come up much more frequently as a topic of conversation. Could the great year they are having (wins) be influencing things or has Greenville finally warmed to ice hockey? :dontknow: Either way, nice to see.

:) Several different reasons in my opinion and those include:

-More advertising and community involvement. I've noticed six billboards so far for the Road Warriors and a lot more school involvement from the team. I didn't see one billboard from the Grrrowl the entire time they were in existence here. Also, the Road Warriors have game/team/coach shows at area restaurants including Quaker Steak & Lube, Hoops and Hops, and Bailey's. I don't remember ever seeing that with the Grrrowl.

-More wins. The Road Warriors are easily the best team in the ECHL currently. That is definitely creating interest.

-Cheaper tickets. The single-game tickets are cheaper than they were with the Grrrowl. Some of the seats that were $21 with the Grrrowl are now just $13 with the Road Warriors.

-More interest in hockey itself. The 2010 Winter Olympics between USA and Canada definitely got people talking more about the sport.

-More residents/northern transplants. The population of this area continues to grow and is definitely a lot larger than it was in 1998.

• 3 weeks later...

"Pink in the Rink" will be held on Friday, January 21st. Game time is 7:05pm. More info on this event can be found here: http://www.greenvill...?article_id=114

The Greenville Road Warriors in conjunction with the Bi-Lo Center and Ticketmaster have launched a new interactive seating chart where you can see which seats are available or already sold for any upcoming home game. Check it out here: http://www.ticketmas...04&minorcatid=9 Click on "use the map" halfway down the page where the arena layout is then you use the zoom feature on the right. (After Friday January 21st, you'll have to click on a different game to view it as the link I posted is for that game only: http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/115138?tm_link=edp_Venue_See_All_Events)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

:tough: To the haters who said this team wouldn't last more than a year:

6,388 in attendance last night which is the largest of the season and 5,624 in attendance Friday night.

That is great to hear. I was worried that the team would suffer the same fate as the Grrrowl. I am looking forward to seeing some games when I visit family in the Greenville area.

• 4 weeks later...

The Greenville Road Warriors facing elimination won tonight 5-1 in Wheeling which means they stay alive and will return home to play at least one more game at the Bi-Lo Center next Tuesday night. If they win that one then they'll play Wednesday night there also. Greenville currently has two wins while Wheeling has three. First one to four wins moves on to the next round. Do or die time.

:tough: LET"S GO ROAD WARRIORS :tough:

• 7 months later...

-The Greenville Road Warriors would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas: http://www.wyff4.com...562/detail.html

-Get up to FOUR FREE tickets to tonight's game just by showing your Bi-Lo Bonuscard at the ticket office up to two hours before game time: Road Warriors FREE BI-LO Family Fun Section - BI-LO

-If you have skated at UBS Ice on Main this year check the back of your admission ticket for a BOGO ticket offer from the Greenville Road Warriors.

• 1 month later...

:tough: To the haters who said this team wouldn't last more than a year:

6,388 in attendance last night which is the largest of the season and 5,624 in attendance Friday night.

The folks behind me at the hockey game today were saying that last night's crowd was the largest of the season. Can anyone confirm this?

Today's game was the first Road Warrior's game I've attended. It was actually a really good time! They beat Chicago in sudden death overtime!

The folks behind me at the hockey game today were saying that last night's crowd was the largest of the season. Can anyone confirm this?

Today's game was the first Road Warrior's game I've attended. It was actually a really good time! They beat Chicago in sudden death overtime!

Yes I can. They had 6,158 in attendance last night. I was one of them. :thumbsup: Largest crowd of the season and second largest ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GREENVILLE, SC - The Greenville Road Warriors announced today that they have determined home dates for the opening round of the 2012 Kelly Cup Playoffs.

For the second straight season the Road Warriors have qualified for the Kelly Cup Playoffs and have secured home ice advantage for the first round. The Eastern Conference quarterfinal series is a best-of-five series in which the Road Warriors will play the final three games at home. Game Three will be held at the BI-LO Center on Friday, April 6 at 7:35 p.m. with Game Four to follow on Saturday, April 7 at 7:05 p.m. and Game Five on Monday, April 9 at 7:35 p.m. Games Four and Five will be played as necessary. The dates for playoff home games are set regardless of opponent.

At the playoff home opener on Friday, April 6 the Road Warriors will be giving away rally towels to the first 1,500 fans through the door. The rally towels are sponsored by Deaville Roofing and Construction, GEICO, and Konica Minolta. Also, the BI-LO Family Fun Section will be open to fans. To get up to four free tickets in the BI-LO Family Fun Section show your BI-LO BONUSCARD at the Breakaway Honda Ticket Office at BI-LO Center starting at 5:35 p.m. Tickets for the BI-LO Family Fun Section are available while supplies last.

• 6 months later...

Archived