Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erm1981

North Charleston Bus Terminal

2 posts in this topic

Being a new resident of the area and noticing how much worse the traffic is in this part of the state compared to others Ive lived in this is definitely a very good thing to see happening. I live up around the North Woods Mall area in Hanahan, and after living here a few months I can definitely say that Rivers Avenue is definitely worse than Woodruff Rd in Greenville ( I lived in upstate 28 years so I would know). This area has seen more growth in the metro (20% growth) so it can be hard making sure that infrastructure meets the growth rate head on. They even mention the fact that light rail for Eastern Carolina might be a possibility in the future. Here is the article:

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/oct/05/new-station-on-track/

This is very exciting. I want to point out that they are actually applying for a grant to study the possibility of High Speed Rail (HSR) in eastern South Carolina, which would presumably stop at this station. I expect that they will design the station to accommodate with the HSR trains or at the very least be set up to easily modify the station/platforms to accommodate them.

Light Rail Transit (LRT) has been discussed as a possible way to connect downtown to this station in North Charleston and to the airport.