Campaign to bring ESPN's College GameDay to Little Rock

Tailgating at the War Memorial Golf Course in Little Rock is one of the great experiences in college football, yet few around even the South know about it.

So it's time to start the campaign to bring of ESPN's "College GameDay" to the 17th green at the Battle for the Golden Boot on Nov. 27 against LSU.

Should you want to join the cause, there is a Facebook group called “ESPN College GameDay, come see the Hogs play in Little Rock!” Go join and spread the word.

You can read the declaration to the "GameDay" crew here touting the golf course's tailgating atmosphere.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I think it's going to come down to how good of a record LSU has at the end of the season. True they are undefeated, but right now they're the least impressive undefeated team a lot of people have seen. If LSU manages to hold on College Gameday might consider. But if they start losing games when they really start facing the better teams on their schedule I don't think anything will bring College Gameday to the game. Of course Arkansas will have to hold up well themselves till that point. But at least Arkansas already had Bama out of the way. I think they're most challenging game left right now is Auburn.

Honestly I think it's going to come down to how good of a record LSU has at the end of the season. True they are undefeated, but right now they're the least impressive undefeated team a lot of people have seen. If LSU manages to hold on College Gameday might consider. But if they start losing games when they really start facing the better teams on their schedule I don't think anything will bring College Gameday to the game. Of course Arkansas will have to hold up well themselves till that point. But at least Arkansas already had Bama out of the way. I think they're most challenging game left right now is Auburn.

Auburn definitely. I have maintained the position that they were over-rated, but now I'm not so sure.

Auburn definitely. I have maintained the position that they were over-rated, but now I'm not so sure.

I have to agree with you. For a while I had been thinking Auburn and LSU have been a bit overrated. But I'm not so sure on Auburn now either. It's hard to judge them though, because they haven't really faced a 'serious' SEC contender yet. Guess we'll probably find out when the Razorbacks head over to play them.

But going back to the original subject, isn't the Arkansas-LSU game always on CBS? If that's the cause I say you can totally forget about College Gameday coming. They aren't going to promote a game on another network. Just like they didn't go to Fayetteville for the big Bama game the other week either. CBS was showing that game as well. I hate to crush anyone's hopes here, but even if it did manage to big a huge showdown with big implications on the SEC championship. I just don't see College Gameday going to help promote a game that's going to be broadcast on a rival network.

I have to agree with you. For a while I had been thinking Auburn and LSU have been a bit overrated. But I'm not so sure on Auburn now either. It's hard to judge them though, because they haven't really faced a 'serious' SEC contender yet. Guess we'll probably find out when the Razorbacks head over to play them.

But going back to the original subject, isn't the Arkansas-LSU game always on CBS? If that's the cause I say you can totally forget about College Gameday coming. They aren't going to promote a game on another network. Just like they didn't go to Fayetteville for the big Bama game the other week either. CBS was showing that game as well. I hate to crush anyone's hopes here, but even if it did manage to big a huge showdown with big implications on the SEC championship. I just don't see College Gameday going to help promote a game that's going to be broadcast on a rival network.

College Game Day was in Columbia, SC for the South Carolina vs. Alabama game and it was broadcast on CBS.

College Game Day was in Columbia, SC for the South Carolina vs. Alabama game and it was broadcast on CBS.

Yeah, I noticed that, so guess I'll gave to take back what I said. :lol: But I still wouldn't hold my breath on College Gameday. But right now it's probably going to come down to how Arkansas and LSU play up to that point. That and are there any other big potential games that weekend.

Archived