SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

So, the Louis Vuitton expansion is absolutely for sure happening, and also, they are calling this a "remerchandising strategy to increase the luxury offerings at SouthPark Mall" with bringing in these new stores. I know that adding Gucci, Emporio, and expanding Louis is significant, but not really a remerchandising. So, if they added a few more stores AND Bloomingdale's then that would be remerchandising and would be great.

Many malls changed quickly. In 2005 I believe that all Lenox Square had was a tiny Louis Vuitton and a few other stores, but look at it now! Completely renovated, expanded NM, and around 15 boutiques. 

If Sur La Table moves to the Dillard's wing then that would leave around 2 medium spaces or 3 small spaces for luxury retailers, and also next to Emporio and the Juicy space, that's 4-5 total. 

http://themaleyco.com/portfolio/#

Edited by 101_ce

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was looking online and on Armani's website they have jobs listed for an Armani Collezioni boutique in Charlotte, it doesn't say Emporio? I'm pretty confused. The lease plan clearly says Emporio Armani and I thought Temeteron confirmed it with his sources. Maybe they'll sell both lines, or maybe it really will be Emporio, I don't know. Emporio Armani recently opened in Orlando and Detriot so I don't believe that a Charlotte store would be too surprising. Maybe Armani Collezioni is taking the space next to Emporio? 

Also, LUSH Cosmetics is opening a store at SouthPark. Not sure where it's going. 

I'm going to have a little-girl-moment.  I'm really excited that LUSH Cosmetics is coming to South Park.  We always go there when we're at Aventura Mall in Miami.  They have some awesome products (for men) and their bath bombs are really nice.

There, let's all just pretend I didn't say that and move on with our lives.

• Like 1

So, I was looking online and on Armani's website they have jobs listed for an Armani Collezioni boutique in Charlotte, it doesn't say Emporio? I'm pretty confused. The lease plan clearly says Emporio Armani and I thought Temeteron confirmed it with his sources. Maybe they'll sell both lines, or maybe it really will be Emporio, I don't know. Emporio Armani recently opened in Orlando and Detriot so I don't believe that a Charlotte store would be too surprising. Maybe Armani Collezioni is taking the space next to Emporio?

Also, LUSH Cosmetics is opening a store at SouthPark. Not sure where it's going.

I was at the mall today and the sign is up: Armani Collezzioni (Spring 2014) Edited by Temeteron

I was at the mall today and the sign is up: Armani Collezzioni (Spring 2014)

Emporio would have been good, but I think they just opened up a store in Chicago not too long ago, so I don't know how well they would to here. On the other hand, Collezioni is a major improvement over both Sports & More and Ralph Lauren considering it was mostly all Polo merchandise. Also, I think Emporio Armani is more suited to Atlanta than Charlotte. My understanding is the Collezioni line is more traditional and slightly more expensive than Emporio, so I could see that doing well here. Besides, I believe a large chunk of NM's suiting is from Collezioni. Maybe with their own boutique opening up NM will carry less Armani and have Brioni, Isaia, and Tom Ford. 

Edited by 101_ce

I'd agree that if Bloomingdale's is coming, it would be a conversion of the Macy's store.  That Macy's just has to be an underperformer.  It's a nice store, but Belk is tough to compete with in its hometown.

I'll wait to see the official announcement.  I recall that Lord & Taylor was supposedly coming to the mall in the late 1980s.

Bloomingdales aside, I heard that a full-service Microsoft store would be coming to the mall as well, which is great for this pro Windows guy (I have yet to meet another person who has a Windows Phone and a Surface).

I happen to pass their stand/store once a week, every week, for several months now - and to be honest I am surprised that they are getting a full service store.  My comments are not about the product but the lack of people I (don't) witness at their free standing store for months now.

I love my Lumia 920. Best phone hands down. You couldn't get me to have an iPhone if you paid me a million dollars.

Anyway, the Microsoft Store was just a rumor and nothing is set in stone AFAIK. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte eventually gets one though. Several cities the size of Charlotte (even smaller) have full-fledged stores so I would say it is only a matter of time.

The article about Bloomingdales opening outlets appears to be from 2010. It won't be an outlet store. As others have mentioned, it goes against Southpark's image.

I love my Lumia 920. Best phone hands down. You couldn't get me to have an iPhone if you paid me a million dollars.

Anyway, the Microsoft Store was just a rumor and nothing is set in stone AFAIK. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte eventually gets one though. Several cities the size of Charlotte (even smaller) have full-fledged stores so I would say it is only a matter of time.

The article about Bloomingdales opening outlets appears to be from 2010. It won't be an outlet store. As others have mentioned, it goes against Southpark's image.

I'd buy a hundred iPhones if you gave me a million dollars. I'd still have like $950,000 left over :)

• 1 month later...

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory has closed.  I always thought it was kinda cheesy to walk around the mall with a candied apple stick.   :dontknow: Aldo Shoes has remodeled and looks beautiful.  Way more lighting than before.  Also, the facade for the new location of Lacoste is up (where Kate Spade used to be).  L'Occitane is also remodeling as well as Limited.  With H&M, All-American Girl and Limited under construction in the Macy's wing, I can only wonder if that's hurting their (Macy*s) foot traffic.  I would imagine so.

Edited by Temeteron

L'Occitane is also remodeling as well as Limited.  With H&M, All-American Girl and Limited under construction in the Macy's wing, I can only wonder if that's hurting their (Macy*s) foot traffic.  I would imagine so.

If they had the foresight, they could've made the best of a bad situation and gone ahead with the Bloomingdale's conversion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Walked around the mall yesterday, Sur la table new store looks very nice especially what did with the outside. I thought the Armani store was going to take all the old RL space but it shows now it will be split into 2 spaces. also how many retailers can fit into the old Sur La talbe spot? and Juicy is closing so maybe Hugo Boss or Bvlgari could take it's place.

Walked around the mall yesterday, Sur la table new store looks very nice especially what did with the outside. I thought the Armani store was going to take all the old RL space but it shows now it will be split into 2 spaces. also how many retailers can fit into the old Sur La talbe spot? and Juicy is closing so maybe Hugo Boss or Bvlgari could take it's place.

I personally didn't like the new Sur la Table at all.  The outside facade was nice, but inside not so much.  The lighting is horrible in there compared to the old location.  So dark!  Even the District manager told the co-workers there that it was too dark.  I also feel that it is much smaller than the old location.  I heard from a friend who is a manager at one of the stores that Microsoft is opening at the old Sur la Table location.  Kinda not happy about that but oh well.  I'm glad Juicy is closing!  Hopefully Gucci will open there.

Update:  Boston Proper is taking the former Sur La Table spot.  Kind of disappointing  :ermm:  Also, a new gym-gear store called "Athleta" is opening (not sure where).  There was an article in the Observer a week ago about it.  The former Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory space is going to be a LUSH cosmetics.  I am eager to see what will replace Juicy Couture's spot and also the spot that is in between Armani Collezioni and BCBG.

• 1 month later...

SouthPark is getting pretty good stores. Just not in the right areas. Microsoft and Boston Proper are opening in the former Sur la Table location. Then Vince Camuto in the former Juicy space. I don't really understand this. Again, these are nice stores, but why can't SouthPark get anything that is more unique? A new mall in Sarasota, Florida is supposedly opening with Gucci, OMEGA, Hugo Boss, Salvatore Ferragamo, etc. Why can't SouthPark have any of these? Also, a CH Carolina Herrera recently opened up in San Antonio, Texas. Jimmy Choo has been in Nashville for years. It would be nice to have these stores in other areas of the mall, but I think the Nordstrom wing and especially the NM wing should be reserved for higher end tenants. When Ralph Lauren closed, many people didn't even realize that it existed, and I think that Vince Camuto will be the same. It is sold in the higher end department at Belk and the lower end department at Nordstrom, and these people aren't exactly NM's target client. People passing by NM would shop at any of the stores above, but not very many would shop at Vince Camuto, and vice-versa. 

I know Charlotte is clearly not a mecca of high end shopping, but a few nicer stores would do okay here. I think lately Simon has been pretty lackluster with a lot of their malls lately, and I am disappointed. I love SouthPark, and I think it is a great mall, but Simon isn't doing a lot to improve it and make it an all-around better mall. I think they are doing well to add more popular brands like they have lately, but it is at the expense of the higher end stores. Also, I know the mall can't do too much without an expansion. The fact that the Charlotte metro area has nearly 2.5 million people and only 3 malls isn't a lot of shopping, and an expansion at SouthPark is necessary and would do well, it is just not very practical. 

Edited by 101_ce