SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

56 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

One thing though... I'm not sure the article is completely accurate. I think Design Within Reach is destined for the Charlotte Art League Space, its just moving to Studio Cellar temporarily, until "The Wedge" can be built up. I could be wrong tho.

I was going to say that this space seems a little underwhelming.

The Design Within Reach (moving to SouthEnd) at The Villages at SouthPark will be replaced by a stand alone Peter Millar (men's fashion). The brand is also carried in Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus at SouthPark, but this will be their first stand-alone store in Charlotte. 

image.thumb.png.a0f49c40fe5896c575048ac1200d76b1.png

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article208318364.html

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

The Design Within Reach (moving to SouthEnd) at The Villages at SouthPark will be replaced by a stand alone Peter Millar (Southern white men's fashion). The brand is also carried in Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus at SouthPark, but this will be their first stand-alone store in Charlotte. 

image.thumb.png.a0f49c40fe5896c575048ac1200d76b1.png

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article208318364.html

Not sure if this was mentioned, but La Patisserie (Which is off South Blvd) will be relocating at the "Specialty Shops at South Park" within a week.  Their pastries are no joke!  By the way, when did Specialty Shops at the Park change to "Specialty Shops at South Park"?  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is Arhaus going in the former Pottery Barn kids space? That is the only spot I can think of with 7,000+ square feet. 

Trina & Turk looks like they sell clothing that would be popular in Charlotte. 

Other cities with a location: Palm Springs, CA; Los Angeles; Palm Desert, CA; Burlingame, CA; Manhattan Beach, CA; Newport Beach, CA; Miami; Houston; Dallas; Atlanta; Honolulu; New York City

Edited by CLT2014

3 minutes ago, nyxmike said:

This is good news considering the recent announcements at the mall. Although a little over priced, I always thought Club Monaco would be a great fit for Charlotte, so still holding out for that one day. Where is Zara though?! :tw_dissapointed:

I am surprised about that too. Austin and San Antonio each have a store.  Sometimes it is finding the right spot. 

here is the majority of that article.

Arhaus, a retailer of handcrafted furniture and home decor, will open its first Charlotte store.  That nearly 7,600-square-foot location will feature furnishings and decor by artisans in the U.S. and around the globe. It also offers complimentary design services.  Expect Trina Turk to debut its nearly 2,600-square-foot space next to Neiman Marcus this summer. That’s the first location for the brand in the Carolinas.  Shoppers will find women's apparel, dresses and swimwear as well as Mr. Turk menswear. That location also will offer jewelry and eyewear.   Nespresso will be opening a pop-up boutique featuring its high-quality espressos and coffees this summer. It will be located in the Belk Wing near Lacoste.

then the article talks about the new  Peter Millar store in the SouthPark village. 

• Like 3

I think a Zara would do well with an Uptown location, add some Euro flair to Uptown. I was in Antwerp last summer and they had a Zara in the "American style" shopping mall, as well as one along the Meir, a popular shopping street in the center of the city, it reminded me of the Forever 21 in Charleston on King Street. If I remember correctly I think there was a third location elsewhere outside of a mall, like a boutique style, smaller location. The only reason I took note really was because my girlfriend at the time shopped at those types of stores, but I have a fairly vivid memory.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Temeteron said:

Emporio Armani in the Neiman wing has closed and has been replaced by Tesla.  Sigh..... 

Honestly, I just think outside of major population centers, luxury retailers are having a hard time competing with department stores and online shopping. It just seems like not many cities can support the breadth of luxury that others can, and I think I am ok with that for Charlotte. It can't compete with Atlanta, Miami, Washington, New York, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas. I mean, this is just another adaptation on how retail is going to function. 

Also, I never thought of Charlotte as an Armani city, except for suits. I think something like Ferragamo but just accessories would work well here. I think accessories are where the market is for luxury fashion in smaller markets. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rufus said:

Honestly, I just think outside of major population centers, luxury retailers are having a hard time competing with department stores and online shopping. It just seems like not many cities can support the breadth of luxury that others can, and I think I am ok with that for Charlotte. It can't compete with Atlanta, Miami, Washington, New York, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Las Vegas. I mean, this is just another adaptation on how retail is going to function. 

Also, I never thought of Charlotte as an Armani city, except for suits. I think something like Ferragamo but just accessories would work well here. I think accessories are where the market is for luxury fashion in smaller markets. 

I agree.  The store openings for the past 5 years or so have been so boring and nothing seems to stay if it is somewhat exciting.  

6 minutes ago, Temeteron said:

I agree.  The store openings for the past 5 years or so have been so boring and nothing seems to stay if it is somewhat exciting.  

Just curious, did you ever shop at the Emporio Armani at SouthPark? I never saw many people in it, but I'm sure some people liked it.

Their items will continue to be available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus at SouthPark if you are a customer (plus online of course with free returns). 

Edited by CLT2014

3 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Just curious, did you ever shop at the Emporio Armani at SouthPark? I never saw many people in it, but I'm sure some people liked it.

Their items will continue to be available at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus at SouthPark if you are a customer (plus online of course with free returns). 

Yes I agree whenever I passed by it was always empty.  I’ve shopped in the past from Emporio but as it is not in my price range it’s hard to go often.  The only stores that have been in the neiman wing since it opened that are still there are Louis Vuitton and Burberry.  The others have been in and out, in and out.  RIP Hermès, Juicy Couture,  Billy Reid, BCBG, Ralph Lauren, Vince Camuto, Emporio Armani, etc.