SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Well, they did buy Burdines, which for a while was located in some smaller towns. They closed the smaller stores. Federated does operate in some small markets. Macon, GA comes to mind... Federated is determined to be what Sears or JCPenny once were -- America's Dept. Store. Only they want to do so with slightly better merchandise. Are you a WWD archive subscriber? They've done some great articles on Federated over the last year. People don't believe me, but they are THE authority on retail news. They always know what's happening before any other publications.

As for Belk, I don't think their intentions are an issue. My point is Federated is a retail predator.

I hadn't heard anyone call Federated a retail predator before, but it's an apt description. ;)

I just can't see them doing much with Belk, becaue Belk's typical locations are 65,000 sf strip mall stores in out of the way towns in the Southeast. The higher-profile stores, prior to the McRae's aquisition, were in towns that Federated already competes with Belk in. Belk SouthPark would be attractive for them, as well as Chattanooga (Hamilton Place), Knoxville (West Towne), Jacksonville, FL (The Avenues); Columbia (Columbiana), Charleston (Citadel, Northwoods) and Jackson, MS (Dogwood Festival, Northpark) but most of the others would cause overlap or not be productive enough to run as Macy's.

Fila will be across from Lacoste near Nordstrom. It says opening holidays 2005, so it should be up and running soon.

I hadn't even noticed. I'm not a fan of Fila. Or Lacoste for that matter. (No offense to anyone who does like them. I feel that as a woman, I'm too old for one and too young for the other.)

Stevenrocks, I PM'd you.

Edited by girly

Looks like alot of companies that used to be in style over 10 years ago, are trying to come back with a vengaeance.......IN example: Lacoste, Puma, and now Fila.........Puma was always popular in bigger cities and in Europe, I dont know what happend in the south but now ever since the store opened a few years ago its been doing really well.......and Lacoste has been doing well also........but Fila??? lol

does anyone know of what stores, other than fila and neiman marcus, are coming to the neiman marcus wing?

does anyone have any recent pics of the construction, and when is it supposed to open, both the wing and the actual store(s)?

Yeah, I thought Fila was a fad that I witnessed in middle school watching the girl's track team compete? What's next, a British Knights flagship? Lol.

I heard that these stores are "supposedly" opening in the few spaces near Neimans:

1) Hermes

2) Prada

3) Armani X

4) Gucci

IMO...nothing that I need or could afford anyway!

I can't find the site but i remember it saying that in the charlotte business journal a few months ago, and also Dr. Stanton from Johnson & Wales who is one of the main reasons why Neiman Marcus came to Charlotte and why NorthLake came to Charlotte has said that those stores will open in the new wing.....and also my friends who work at SP have told me the same, including the Hecht's will be Bloomie's.....but noone believe's me....oh well :whistling:

I can't find the site but i remember it saying that in the charlotte business journal a few months ago, and also Dr. Stanton from Johnson & Wales who is one of the main reasons why Neiman Marcus came to Charlotte and why NorthLake came to Charlotte has said that those stores will open in the new wing.....and also my friends who work at SP have told me the same, including the Hecht's will be Bloomie's.....but noone believe's me....oh well :whistling:

I doubt that Dr. Stanton alone is why those stores are here. And besides, if Bloomingdale's comes, you're free to gloat all you want. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...