SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Well....the Polo Ralph Lauren rumor is now good as official. They were just issued a building permit to upfit their space in the mall.

Edit** Also BCBG Maxazria has applied for a building permit to upfit as well.

Edited by atlrvr

Another hopeful store i would like to see is a stuart weitzman, they have nice merchandise that i think would fit very nicely with the St. John, Kate Spade, and Burberry crowd. Still hoping for A/X, Gucci, and a Co-op though.

Also, could the new wing have 8 stores, or does it specifically call for 5-6? What about expanding a little more to connect Neimans and Nordstrom's side entrance, that could add like 4 more stores, but it might be too much to ask for. If only Southpark had more room to grow, it would add so much more high end stores.

IMO, that is what is holding Southpark back is the lack of retail space, however, the Piedmont Town Center and Village at Southpark could be the calvary coming to help with all of their planned retail space. They might only have small local boutiques however, but here is hoping and wishing.

Another hopeful store i would like to see is a stuart weitzman, they have nice merchandise that i think would fit very nicely with the St. John, Kate Spade, and Burberry crowd. Still hoping for A/X, Gucci, and a Co-op though.

Also, could the new wing have 8 stores, or does it specifically call for 5-6? What about expanding a little more to connect Neimans and Nordstrom's side entrance, that could add like 4 more stores, but it might be too much to ask for. If only Southpark had more room to grow, it would add so much more high end stores.

IMO, that is what is holding Southpark back is the lack of retail space, however, the Piedmont Town Center and Village at Southpark could be the calvary coming to help with all of their planned retail space. They might only have small local boutiques however, but here is hoping and wishing.

If SP was 2 stories it would be all set.....but unfortunately its not

Barring a configuration of the lower level parking into shops or aquisition of the SECU and Circle K buildings, SouthPark mall is pretty much built out.

The Village at SouthPark is going to handle some of the brand-name overflow. I figure it's in the works. It's doubtful Crate & Barrel would want to locate next to a bunch of local shops, though I'm sure if it was all locals, it would still be a nice set of them

My assumption was that the NM wing in the mall was going to have four stores, but some are saying eight. Eight would be better, and I could totally see a Stuart Weitzman there.

If you look at the original southpark plan...

there is a different building on the corner and plenty of space for like an L shaped building, I would prefer for it to stay, and be upfitted, is there such thing as a gas station connected to an office/retail building, that would be a neat concept, but I dunno if it'd be possible, just an idea. As it stands the circle K really takes away from the area, it really doesn't fit the style of southpark, not that I want it in EFIS but I'd like some brick or something, I mean hell even the mcdonalds is nice looking

Oh and one more thing, Of late, Southpark mall has started reaching accross morrison blvd, does anyone think that there will be furthur retail or maybe some high density residential linking southpark mall and morrison place, where the apartments between the two retail centers are located. With Garden Secrets or whatever its called, Bojangles and Walgreens going I think there could definately be more shopping and residential behind it. What do ya'll think, I don't think Southpark is tapped out of land, I think it just needs to look both ways before crossing the street.

Edited by Rickydavisfan21