SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Hey everyone. I totally understand whar you all mean. I am just passing along what was told to me. Please dont kill the messenger. You all should seriously tell the "Grand Lux Cafe" to open in Charlotte. If your ever here in South Florida you have to stop by and check it out. It is located at Sawgrass Mills Mall. GREAT FOOD!

Hey everyone. I totally understand whar you all mean. I am just passing along what was told to me. Please dont kill the messenger. You all should seriously tell the "Grand Lux Cafe" to open in Charlotte. If your ever here in South Florida you have to stop by and check it out. It is located at Sawgrass Mills Mall. GREAT FOOD!

yeah we understand.

Also, Grand Lux reminds me of the Cheesecake factory

Why would Neiman Marcus want to open after the holidays? Since so much business is done in November and December, as long as the store could be stocked and set up, I'd think the owners would want to be open by September 15.

Retailers need some time to get their new employees up to speed and to work out kinks in their operations. Opening near or in the middle of the busiest season is a major business risk. They could shoot themselves in the foot. As far as job postings, well who knows but it's likely someone forgot to tell HR or somehting.

I don't believe it either. Simon is pushing everyone to be completed by September 15. Even Crate and Barrel (which is a steel skeleton at this point) will be open on that date. Add to that the fact my roommate is a sales rep for a product line that will be in Niemans (they placed orders with a ship date of August 15), and we've got ourselves an opening date of early September.

5 stores? That's it??? :shok:

I know, but I was just thinking, there is room on the wing that leads to Belk (where Kate Spade, Coach, and Kenneth Cole is - does anyone know what else is in that wing?) if some of the other stores there move (maybe to the Village?).

Most likely, the mall will have to shuffle some stores around. Either the Village will be to add new luxury stores, or it will make room for more luxury stores in the mall by housing less notable stores.

Edited by nyxmike

I know, but I was just thinking, there is room on the wing that leads to Belk (where Kate Spade, Coach, and Kenneth Cole is - does anyone know what else is in that wing?) if some of the other stores there move (maybe to the Village?).

Most likely, the mall will have to shuffle some stores around. Either the Village will be to add new luxury stores, or it will make room for more luxury stores in the mall by housing less notable stores.

Thats what i was thinking too.....some stores in the mall, even though they are fairly new, i feel dont even belong in the mall at all........but then again thats my opinion! Cough Cough Dick's, Coldwater Creek, Marmi.......yawn* Bebe needs to be expanded IMO....thats like the smallest one I've ever seen! An Arden B. would be nice outside at the Village......they can move Frontgate and put it outisde at the village....it would make more sense.....then that leaves a huge space for maybe even two new stores

Edited by Temeteron

Well, it's now official. Ralph Lauren, BCBG, and Hermes are all coming to SP.

Great Additions to Southpark. Especially RL

:yahoo:

Where is Steven? Shouldn't he and Girly be dancing in the streets at this news, or is Ralph Lauren not that big a deal?
I assure you, I'm celebrating. I've just been busy. CBV (girly) and I will have to make a cyber-toast to the good news. :D

So what does everyone think the other 2 stores will be?

I think it could be any combo of these stores:

Gucci

A/X

David Yurman

Cartier

Hugo Boss

Out of the group, I would say Gucci and Hugo Boss, but I'm not sure