SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Thats what i was thinking too.....some stores in the mall, even though they are fairly new, i feel dont even belong in the mall at all........but then again thats my opinion! Cough Cough Dick's, Coldwater Creek, Marmi.......yawn* Bebe needs to be expanded IMO....thats like the smallest one I've ever seen! An Arden B. would be nice outside at the Village......they can move Frontgate and put it outisde at the village....it would make more sense.....then that leaves a huge space for maybe even two new stores
Dick's adds something for guys not so into fashion and Coldwater Creek and Marmi appeal to the core SouthPark shopper. Frontgate is fine where it is.

If I was moving stuff, I'd get rid of Express and put something more interesting back in the Dillard's wing.

Edited by StevenRocks

The Observer has expanded their article as well.

Also, they show a picture of the Neiman Marcus sign, noting the 'i' hasn't been dotted yet.

209771684102.jpg

The "dot" on the "i" was not yet affixed as workers hung the Neiman Marcus sign on the side of the new building Tuesday afternoon. Officials announced three more luxury retailers will open their first Carolinas locations at SouthPark in the Neiman Marcus wing.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14482935.htm

Additionally, Crate & Barrel has been pushed back to November now

Popular housewares store Crate & Barrel was originally scheduled to open its first Charlotte location at the same time as Neiman Marcus, but mall officials disclosed the opening date has been pushed back to November due to changes in its construction schedule.

Crate & Barrel will be part of a mixed-use development at the corner of Sharon and Morrison Roads called The Village at SouthPark. The development will include street-level shops and restaurants topped by 150 luxury apartments. Mall officials also hope to announce which stores and restaurants will be in the development in the next 90 days, Bostic said.

Edited by cantnot

4k2 square feet sounds large for a RL, but hey guys, there is till plenty to be announced at the villages at southpark and I figured Crate and Barrell would push itself back some, because yea, I never thought that was possible

oh and of those 5, I will haveta disagree steven,

I think it'll be Cartier and A/X, Gucci would fit more at villages, as would say... a prada or a D&G, thats all my gf is hoping for a D&G, and I'll admit it I'm hoping for it too.

How many retail spaces are available for the villages?

Edited by Rickydavisfan21

Does SP have a French Connection store?

Um no! I wish! Or well, I wished when i was still living there lol........Dude the website has the locations....www.frenchconnection.com.......the closest is in Atlanta...... ;)

Edited by Temeteron

Where is Steven? Shouldn't he and Girly be dancing in the streets at this news, or is Ralph Lauren not that big a deal?

Been there. Done that. This is old news. ;) I'm happy to see all 3 stores opening at SP. My guess for the other 2 openings? Gucci and A|X. Gucci sells very well in Charlotte and A|X is a popular brand just about anywhere.

Temetron, the mall can't be 100% upscale or exclusive brands. Then it's almost guranteed SP will lose business. Most markets can't/won't support a mall that extreme. Besides, people already complain that SP is too snobby. :)

Cartier at the Villages? I don't see that happening. It's not secure enough. Security is taken very seriously at Cartier.

ETA: Nyxmike, does Betsey Johnson even open boutiques anymore? It's such a small outfit with far less brand recognition than in the past.

Edited by charlotte_bon_vivant

ETA: Nyxmike, does Betsey Johnson even open boutiques anymore? It's such a small outfit with far less brand recognition than in the past.

I don't really know much about the subject of retail, but I am assuming they still do since there is a Betsey Johnson in Richmond at Stony Point Fashion Park. Isn't that a fairly new mall?

Cartier at the Villages? I don't see that happening. It's not secure enough. Security is taken very seriously at Cartier.

No I'm saying cartier and A/X in the regular mall, then the others I was talkign about at the villages, except with exception of prada, although it would be great to get one before ATL

It's pronounced "Ermez" from what i heard.......and FCUK isnt that upscale, i mean its in the same price range with Guess.....I dont understand why people feel that A/X, and FCUK are upscale, not saying that they arent nice stores because actually they are some of my favorites.......but stores that you can call upscale are Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Versace, Emporio Armani....etc

Edited by Temeteron

It's pronounced "Ermez" from what i heard.......and FCUK isnt that upscale, i mean its in the same price range with Guess.....I dont understand why people feel that A/X, and FCUK are upscale, not saying that they arent nice stores because actually they are some of my favorites.......but stores that you can call upscale are Gucci, Prada, Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Versace, Emporio Armani....etc

Nobody ever said it was "upscale." It's very urban, modern, and they have good styles.

its just one of those things we'll never know lol.........btw did you guys know that Burberry is supposed to be pronounced "Burburry"

Yep, sure did. BUR'burry sounds sooo much classier. Plus they couldn't charge $95.00 for a novacheck placket polo shirt if they pronounced it bur-BARRY. See how that works?

Temetron, the mall can't be 100% upscale or exclusive brands. Then it's almost guranteed SP will lose business. Most markets can't/won't support a mall that extreme. Besides, people already complain that SP is too snobby. :)
True dat. SouthPark has to be balanced.

oh and of those 5, I will haveta disagree steven,

I think it'll be Cartier and A/X, Gucci would fit more at villages, as would say... a prada or a D&G, thats all my gf is hoping for a D&G, and I'll admit it I'm hoping for it too.

No worries. I'm not sure what is coming actually.

It's "air-mezz" with a soft Z. :D
Exactly :)

what store at sp would compair to the size of this RL, like tiffany & co. or what, I'm trying to put into perspective how big a 4200 sq ft, store would be, I'd assume it'd be a corner store, but the louis vuitton store isn't that big, and neither is burburry, burburry is actually annoyingly small in my opinon I don't like how it is designed at all (although I do love their scarves, cashmere how I wish it was winter). But anyway, can anyone give me a store that is an equivalent in size to the RL.

if it's anything like the one at lenox, then it's probably comparable in size to the urban outfitters, yet it will be divided in to smaller rooms like abercrombie & fitch for an intimate feel.

Urban outfitters?? that sounds a little big for 4200 sq ft, but I dunno I'm still trying to put it into context, but hey if you are correct that sounds just lovely, as long as its better lit than holliser, I've tried on some clothes there that looked way different after I bought them, the darkness in that place gives there clothes an illusion of looking better, never shopping there again.

BryanH, where do you go to school in atlanta, I'm thinking about for my masters in advertising transferring to SCADatlanta

yea I go to scad right now for undergrad, but I like the environment in Atlanta more than Savannah, I know I'm from charlotte and not an atlanta hater, but what can you do, my gf is not thrilled by the possible move to atlanta however.

666 posts

Edited by Rickydavisfan21