SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

The middle-aged, middle-income people who keep SouthPark afloat with their consistent patronage so that fashion victims like yourself can cherrypick clearance sales like Easy Spirit shoes.

I just think things get repetitive when you see the same brands in the hallway, as you see in the department stores.......ex: Lacoste, Fila, Easy Spirit, Aerosoles, Clarks, etc.....

The middle-aged, middle-income people who keep SouthPark afloat with their consistent patronage so that fashion victims like yourself can cherrypick clearance sales like Easy Spirit shoes.

Wow. Where did that come from? How is cutting out redundancy a bad thing?

• 2 weeks later...

StevenRocks- again, you definitely have the most advanced knowledge of shopping centers of anyone out there. Thanks for those pictures- are there any of Eastland early on or of any of those pitiful dying malls on North Tryon with the discounter/grocery store anchors in their heyday?

Thanks again!

hate to ask this, but i thought an announcement of the other stores for the NM wing was to come out just a few weeks following Hermes, BCBG, and RL? What is goin on at SP? shouldnt we be hearin about some first time NC boutiques? Are there any favorites still, like Gucci and A/X, or are things still up in the air?

hate to ask this, but i thought an announcement of the other stores for the NM wing was to come out just a few weeks following Hermes, BCBG, and RL? What is goin on at SP? shouldnt we be hearin about some first time NC boutiques? Are there any favorites still, like Gucci and A/X, or are things still up in the air?

Um...why are you asking us...we're just the audience lol

I was at SouthPark yesterday and I noticed that the renderings for Dillard's have changed from what we thought at first.

The gigantic arches are still coming, but there are now showcases added to the entryways and these strange tile-covered mansard roofs that will go between flat pediment treatments at the corners. It's a bit eccentic and slightly Mediterranean looking.

Also worth noting: Hecht's has eliminated the last of the blue tile left over from Thalhimers and installed these very May Company-looking silver panels around the parking deck entrance. Also, there is already one exposed Macy's sign in the china department advetising the gift registry.

I also got a closer look at Neiman Marcus and Crate & Barrel. NM is absolutely beautiful in person, almost harkening back to the way the old SouthPark was detailed, but warmer and slightly more modern. There appears to be a set of escalators leading from the downstairs deck to the store, but I think they're going to lead to the mall common area in front of the store like the ones near Nordstrom.

If NM ever needs to expand, they can always go downward. The store appears to be sitting on a set of concrete piers and it looks like you'll be able to park under it when they get done constructing it.

Crate & Barrel looks huge, even without the cladding. It's going to be hard to get used to it being there, but if they were looking for a prominent spot, they found it.

Edited by StevenRocks