SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Dillards isn't staying open during the renovation is it? It looks quite extensive but I imagine they may simply have the exterior portions of the store sealed off...
Yeah, they're open. They've sealed off the construction area pretty well.

To tell the truth, this isn't even close to the most extensive Dillard's renovation I've seen. When the Four Seasons store in Greensboro was renovated about 5 years ago, they ripped off substantially all of the exterior. It looked like a bomb had hit it.

Hecht's has put up the new Macy's sign. It's covered up with a Hecht's sign, but you can see the "macy's" through it. I was at the mall today and snapped a few shots of the changes going on at SouthPark with my cell phone...

061006_16031.jpg

The new Neiman Marcus entrance in the parking deck below the mall...

061006_16051.jpg

All the Hecht's signs at SouthPark have been replaced with Macy's signs except for the ones on the awnings on Scott's pictures.

Nice pictures, ScottCLT, by the way.

Thanks, StevenRocks. I shall have many more in the future of anything that I see that may peak interest for anyone. I've been reading this forum for a long time, but I'm glad to now be a part of this community and actually contributing.

That Dillard's pic is strange to see. It looks like they're keeping part of the old setback style walls, just adding cornices (and EIFS over the brick, I'm sure). I thought they were tearing down all the old walls, but it appears they're working with some of the existing architecture.

Edited by turbocraig

I can understand why part of the old Dillard's is staying. Best I can tell, that's the rear of the store in the picture. It really wouldn't help them out to cover all the setbacks because they wouldn't gain that much space, and that part of the store really isn't as pertinent to the new look as the other facades. Comparatively, that part of Belk was mostly covered with EIFS and let go.

More great pictures. Thanks DaAchiever

I don't get the chance to check the forums everyday so I apologze if this has been mentioned before but I overheard one of the managers at Leonardo telling one of our managers that they are closing at the end of the month. That is about 3300 sqft if I remember correctly, wonder might could fill its spot. Once again, I apologize if this is old news.

Edited by mljones99

its in a pretty good location, where mostly upscale retail is. what could go there, one or two stores possibly because isnt 3300 sq ft is kind of big? isnt that the proposed size for the RL store or is it larger?

The Coach store at Lenox is right about 3300 sq ft including their stockroom so yeah, that is pretty decent size.

Finally, with the addition of Macy's and Neimen Marcus, South Park will probably become the Premier location for upscale shopping in NC. The mall reminds me a lot of the Short Hills Mall when I used to live in NJ. Basically the same stores we have at SP: Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy's... but no Bloomindale and Saks... do we have a Tiffany's?? Rather than Bloomindales, we have Belk, which is like the same, but I'd say Belk is much better in terms of customer service... and Dillards... well I've never been in there.