SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Finally, with the addition of Macy's and Neimen Marcus, South Park will probably become the Premier location for upscale shopping in NC. The mall reminds me a lot of the Short Hills Mall when I used to live in NJ. Basically the same stores we have at SP: Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy's... but no Bloomindale and Saks... do we have a Tiffany's?? Rather than Bloomindales, we have Belk, which is like the same, but I'd say Belk is much better in terms of customer service... and Dillards... well I've never been in there.

Belk is the same as Bloomingdale's??!! :blink: Are u kidding me? Completely different....Bloomingdale's is waay more selective and carries way more upscale and exclusive brands than Belk. and I've been to Short Hills also, and Short Hills has way more upscale stores, not saying SP doesnt, but Short Hills has Diesel, Gucci, A/X, D&G, French Connection, Jimmy Choo, and alot of others which makes the malls very different IMO. And yes, there is a Tiffany Co. in SP.

Edited by Temeteron

Belk is the same as Bloomingdale's??!! :blink: Are u kidding me? Completely different....Bloomingdale's is waay more selective and carries way more upscale and exclusive brands than Belk. and I've been to Short Hills also, and Short Hills has way more upscale stores, not saying SP doesnt, but Short Hills has Diesel, Gucci, A/X, D&G, French Connection, Jimmy Choo, and alot of others which makes the malls very different IMO. And yes, there is a Tiffany Co. in SP.

I thought Belk was decent enough to be upscale, otherwise why is it in South Park? Well, maybe I haven't lived here that long. I don't see Bloomingdale's here in the south, and I don't see Belk up north?? Well look at what Short Hills does not have: Dick's sports, food COURT, bookstore, many good places to dine, sympony concerts etc. I think French Connection and Gucci are coming to SP in the Neiman wing, Although Short Hills has a lot more more upscale stores than SP, give SP a few more years and it will reach the same caliber as SH. I mean look at all the development around SP and the city itself, it definitely will showcase a more urbane exquisite look.

why is it in South Park?

Belk at SouthPark is their most upscale store, and their flagship, so thats why it looks as nice as a Bloomingdales. Plus they're at SouthPark because they built and own[ed] the mall. Belk isn't up north because there is no where for Belk to be.. i don't think they want to oversaturate markets with mid-tier department stores either. They are growing though through aquisition.. but it seems their key markets are the southeast.

Well, maybe I haven't lived here that long. I don't see Bloomingdale's here in the south, and I don't see Belk up north??

Bloomingdale's is in the south.. to be in the DC area, they have stores in Atlanta and Florida. Also important to keep in mind Short Hills serves a higher/more upscale clientele.. it is in the the #1 market in the country (New York City market) even though many of the stores at the two malls are similar.

Finally, with the addition of Macy's and Neimen Marcus, South Park will probably become the Premier location for upscale shopping in NC.
It already is. It has been for at least 15 years.

Bloomingdale's is waay more selective and carries way more upscale and exclusive brands than Belk.
It's all relative. Bloomingdale's doesn't have the customer base that Belk does and vice versa.

Belk SouthPark is as good as a typical Bloomingdale's. Comparing many stores to Bloomingdale's 59th & Lex would give the advantage to Bloomingdale's generally.

It already is. It has been for at least 15 years.

It's all relative. Bloomingdale's doesn't have the customer base that Belk does and vice versa.

Belk SouthPark is as good as a typical Bloomingdale's. Comparing many stores to Bloomingdale's 59th & Lex would give the advantage to Bloomingdale's generally.

I agree. I was disappointed in the Bloomingdale's in Lenox Square. I'm used to the NYC ones (both the edgy yet still extremely expensive downtown one and the flagship one) and the Lenox Square one was not nearly as cutting-edge or upscale.

• 2 weeks later...

A Tire Kingdom is opening at SP....?? Im assuming outside somewhere....but still....kinda weird :blink:

When was this announced?

Tire Kingdoms seem to be in less-expensive areas:

http://www.tirekingdom.com/storeSearch.do

I think there used to be a Sears auto center there so a downscale outparcel is not new- but SP is now nicer than when Sears was there.

Edited by mallguy

When was this announced?

Tire Kingdoms seem to be in less-expensive areas:

http://www.tirekingdom.com/storeSearch.do

I think there used to be a Sears auto center there so a downscale outparcel is not new- but SP is now nicer than when Sears was there.

Im not sure where it will be or why its even opening at SP.....but its on their store directory now...and it says "coming soon" next to it...

Edited by Temeteron

It's on the Southpark website, not Tire Kingdom's.

From the SouthPark website listing job openings:

SouthPark Job Details

Employer

Tire Kingdom

Position

Drivers

Description

Delivering cars from mall to the service store.

Requirements

Must be 18 years old with a clean driving record. Must be neat and professional in appearance.

How to Apply

www.tirekingdom.com

Benefits Include

Benefits

So, it looks like this might be a satellite pick-up/drop-off valet type deal? Like have your car serviced while you shop.. That'd make more sense to me.

I agree. A valet station in a parking garage makes a lot of sense, as there should be an existing Tire Kingdom not too far from the mall. Using scarce and expensive land at SouthPark for a Tire Kingdom onsite does not.

There are some very, ummm, groovy photos of Ivey's Southpark way back when posted at "Malls of America" right now, in case anyone is interested:

http://mallsofamerica.blogspot.com/2006/06...rk-mall_27.html

They actually appeared first on LiveMalls :whistling:

http://livemalls.blogspot.com/2006/06/sout...arly-years.html

http://livemalls.blogspot.com/2005/01/dill...-charlotte.html