SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

^ No problem. I just liked being first :)

Any new news at SouthPark? I haven't been in a few weeks.

The Neiman Marcus mall entrance is now visible through the white wall blocking it off, when the door in the wall is open. Nice; white marble, with a marble lintel (is that the word? A flat thing protruding out) over the entrance. No other new stores I noticed, but Leonardo is still open; I thought it was closing?

I thought someone posted that it was closing however the CBJ reported that sales at the store far exceeded expectations and Leonardo's N. AMerican HQ is in SouthPark so I thought it would be wierd that they wouldn't want a store nearby. I don't know though. I'm just saying that from what I can see it makes all of the sense in the world for it to stay in the mall somewhere.

I thought someone posted that it was closing however the CBJ reported that sales at the store far exceeded expectations and Leonardo's N. AMerican HQ is in SouthPark so I thought it would be wierd that they wouldn't want a store nearby. I don't know though. I'm just saying that from what I can see it makes all of the sense in the world for it to stay in the mall somewhere.

Well, according to their store manager they are closing and if you go to the store, everything is 50% off.

Went to the mall today and the Neiman wing is open, just blocked off with ropes. I only saw four new stores leading to NM and they're behind wallboard, so I have no idea what is going where.

It looks like the wall painted dark blue will be Polo Ralph Lauren, the wall painted orange will be Hermes, and BCBG has the glass up (it looks almost finished and according to Southpark's website, it was suppose to open today). The last space they haven't announced yet - by the way, weren't there suppose to be 3 more stores in the new wing, not one? The wing looked a lot smaller than I thought it would be...

In other news, a co-worker of mine at Guess says that A/X is coming to Charlotte, but they will build a free standing store somewhere.

Edited by nyxmike

It looks like the wall painted dark blue will be Polo Ralph Lauren, the wall painted orange will be Hermes, and BCBG has the glass up (it looks almost finished and according to Southpark's website, it was suppose to open today). The last space they haven't announced yet - by the way, weren't there suppose to be 3 more stores in the new wing, not one? The wing looked a lot smaller than I thought it would be...

In other news, a co-worker of mine at Guess says that A/X is coming to Charlotte, but they will build a free standing store somewhere.

Hopefully Uptown but I doubt it.

ah man, i wanted A/X to be in the Neiman wing :( I can see Sony Style being at the Village, along with New England based Jasmine Sola, maybe a FCUK hopefully, Diesel, a G-Star Raw, maybe throw in a DKNY, and maybe a nice Emporio store/cafe.......

All that would be nice, but I think your dreaming. A lot of people here won't wear a lot of that stuff... yet.

I disagree

I'm just stating my opinion from what I see working at the mall. For obvious reasons, Guess at Southpark doesn't sell the same merchandise as the higher selling stores in L.A, Miami, NY, Chicago, etc (We sell stuff that they won't sell there, like sequined clothing :sick: ). Me and my co-workers agree that people here aren't very fashion foward (we see it everyday), but it's definately changing. People here are just starting to get more adventureous in terms of clothing (girls especially). A lot of guys still dress conservatively. When I'm working the front, I see mostly American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Hollister bags pass by. I just don't think Charlotte is ready for certain stores yet. I can say that A{sodEmoji.|}X is coming and will work here - I see plenty of A{sodEmoji.|}X shirts throughout the day. DKNY is a maybe - the department stores already sell DKNY and I'm not sure if there is enough demand for a boutique. Diesel and FCUK, in my opinion, would be a stretch. I never see anyone wearing it - I have only seen one woman wearing a FCUK shirt who walked into Guess and she was from Houston. I could see more girls wearing Diesel here than the guys. Like I said, the guys here aren't very fashion foward. We'll see - hopefully I will be proven wrong, because all those stores would be a nice addition.

What is that- the big multi-story thing being built between Dillard's/its parking garage and Sharon Road?

Will it be physically connected to the mall?

That's the residential/retail tower known as The Village at SouthPark. There will be no enclosed connection to the mall. Edited by StevenRocks

I'm just stating my opinion from what I see working at the mall. For obvious reasons, Guess at Southpark doesn't sell the same merchandise as the higher selling stores in L.A, Miami, NY, Chicago, etc (We sell stuff that they won't sell there, like sequined clothing :sick: ). Me and my co-workers agree that people here aren't very fashion foward (we see it everyday), but it's definately changing. People here are just starting to get more adventureous in terms of clothing (girls especially). A lot of guys still dress conservatively. When I'm working the front, I see mostly American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Hollister bags pass by. I just don't think Charlotte is ready for certain stores yet. I can say that A{sodEmoji.|}X is coming and will work here - I see plenty of A{sodEmoji.|}X shirts throughout the day. DKNY is a maybe - the department stores already sell DKNY and I'm not sure if there is enough demand for a boutique. Diesel and FCUK, in my opinion, would be a stretch. I never see anyone wearing it - I have only seen one woman wearing a FCUK shirt who walked into Guess and she was from Houston. I could see more girls wearing Diesel here than the guys. Like I said, the guys here aren't very fashion foward. We'll see - hopefully I will be proven wrong, because all those stores would be a nice addition.

Alot of my friends and people I know who are from Charlotte, dont shop in Charlotte because of the fact that there arent certain stores there.....same thing with people i know who live in Columbia shop elsewhere because of certain stores that lack there......A few years back Atlanta didnt have FCUK and Club Monaco(which i think would do great at the village) and alot of other stores, but as soon as people in ATL realized the brand, they were rocking it well and strong.....and I'm sure the same thing can happen with Charlotte.......I remember in Columbia back in 2002 when Banana first opened noone even knew what it was except out of towners and rich kids.....and now its one of the most successful stores in Columbia.....I just think its a matter of time....

How many stores are going to go in the Village?

I believe it is 7. It is as tall as it is going to get right now. I like it though. Just wished it were a wee bit taller (ie 12-14 stories), but I certainly won't bash it.

BTW the development on the corner of Park and Fairview is moving along nicely, plus Morrison project is officially capped. Then there is the Medical Offices going up accross from Phillips Place.

YEAH !

A2

Edited by A2

Alot of my friends and people I know who are from Charlotte, dont shop in Charlotte because of the fact that there arent certain stores there.....same thing with people i know who live in Columbia shop elsewhere because of certain stores that lack there......A few years back Atlanta didnt have FCUK and Club Monaco(which i think would do great at the village) and alot of other stores, but as soon as people in ATL realized the brand, they were rocking it well and strong.....and I'm sure the same thing can happen with Charlotte.......I remember in Columbia back in 2002 when Banana first opened noone even knew what it was except out of towners and rich kids.....and now its one of the most successful stores in Columbia.....I just think its a matter of time....

I really think that FCUK and CM would do really well in Charlotte. Uptown and Southpark are the only two demographic areas that could really support either one though.