SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

I LOVED those chandeliers.  :)

And I love California Pizza Kitchen.  They just opened in the West Plaza.  It's the first in Charlotte!

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...207&newsLang=en

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coolness. I think theres a CPK at Concord Mills if i'm not mistaken

fountainsatsouthpark3gd.jpg

By the way, an image of SouthPark's old fountains

Edited by cantnot

Dillard's Parking Deck

Here are some pictures of the land being cleared (in front of the Sharon side) for the Dillard's Parking Deck to be built.

dillards17jj.jpg

dillards27tw.jpg

dillards36rc.jpg

dillards44ef.jpg

dillards52us.jpg

West Plaza

Here are new pictures from West Plaza. Morton's, McCormick & Schmick's and Neiman Marcus construction.

neiman13ev.jpg

neiman21bx.jpg

neiman34vx.jpg

neiman49cn.jpg

neiman57li.jpg

neiman66ml.jpg

Other

Nordstrom, Hecht's.

nords4rx.jpg

hex4vw.jpg

:)

I believe the glass triangular shaped dome thing is NM.  Am I correct?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The glass dome is part of the mall that is currently open. It is the roof for the intesection of the Hecht's to Nordstrom path and the NM to Belk path, where there is a sitting area and columns.

That fence hides NM construction, but they aren't that far along.

The glass dome is part of the mall that is currently open.  It is the roof for the intesection of the Hecht's to Nordstrom path and the NM to Belk path, where there is a sitting area and columns.

That fence hides NM construction, but they aren't that far along.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, the conically shaped glass dome is part of Neiman's or the small wing leading to Neimans. B/c if you go inside the mall, when you stand where you can see Belk and Nordstrom and the sign for Neiman, in that center court area, look up and there's not that dome.

And the fences don't hide much of anything:

neiman66ml.jpg

Actually, the conically shaped glass dome is part of Neiman's or the small wing leading to Neimans.  B/c if you go inside the mall, when you stand where you can see Belk and Nordstrom and the sign for Neiman, in that center court area, look up and there's not that dome.

And the fences don't hide much of anything:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think you may be right that it is on the NM 'culdesac' rather than the intersection now that i think about it. I mostly was just saying that it is not part of the NM building itself as is seen further by that ground floor pic.

I figure that the area with the conical dome is part of the new construction to fill the gap between where the mall stopped and where Neiman-Marcus begins. With Neiman-Marcus being a little smaller than Saks would have been, SouthPark will have room for more shops in the Neiman-Marcus corridor.

I figure that the area with the conical dome is part of the new construction to fill the gap between where the mall stopped and where Neiman-Marcus begins.  With Neiman-Marcus being a little smaller than Saks would have been, SouthPark will have room for more shops in the Neiman-Marcus corridor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm i didn't think of it like that. you're probably right

I went by SouthPark after work today. The Neiman Marcus corridor had its barricades moved up to the Burberry/Louis Vuitton lease line. I peeked through the door crack on the barricade and saw the conical skylight in question. They are renovating the NM court to be a little larger like I thought. There will probably be some extra store or two on that end, but I couldn't tell much from what I saw through the crack in the door.

I went by SouthPark after work today.  The Neiman Marcus corridor had its barricades moved up to the Burberry/Louis Vuitton lease line.  I peeked through the door crack on the barricade and saw the conical skylight in question.  They are renovating the NM court to be a little larger like I thought.  There will probably be some extra store or two on that end, but I couldn't tell much from what I saw through the crack in the door.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did u drive all the way down from VA just to see SP?

did u drive all the way down from VA just to see SP?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I told you I love that mall :) I got off early from work and went.

I don't come down, like, every week or anything like that, but I do come to SouthPark five or six times a year. It's far better than anything I've got up this way, especially Belk and the new stores. In terms of shopping, it's closer than DC, better than Raleigh, and more convenient than Richmond.

What's funny is that my love for SouthPark got quoted in the Charlotte Observer a few months ago:

SouthPark has a devoted clientele. Some even drive from afar to get here, like Steven Swain who e-mailed from Rocky Mount in the mountains of southwest Virginia.

"It's a three-hour drive and I make it to the mall at least six times a year," he said.

I got it bad :silly:

I told you I love that mall :)  I got off early from work and went.

I don't come down, like, every week or anything like that, but I do come to SouthPark five or six times a year.  It's far better than anything I've got up this way, especially Belk and the new stores.  In terms of shopping, it's closer than DC, better than Raleigh, and more convenient than Richmond.

What's funny is that my love for SouthPark got quoted in the Charlotte Observer a few months ago:

SouthPark has a devoted clientele. Some even drive from afar to get here, like Steven Swain who e-mailed from Rocky Mount in the mountains of southwest Virginia.

"It's a three-hour drive and I make it to the mall at least six times a year," he said.

I got it bad  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is so hard-core. seriously- kudos to you.

speaking of, do you have those pics that you took a few years ago of SP? I'm dying to see them :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have good news for you, cantnot. I broke down and scanned the pictures from 2001 and posted them to the Yahoo! Photos site. :)

They're grainy (shot with a disposable camera from Eckerd) and not very well done, but it was a spur of the moment descision to capture what I could.

It's primarily of the old Belk facade with an emphasis on the chandeliers, but there is a really cool shot of Sears from the mall's lower level parking lot. I hope you (and everyone else) enjoy them.

SouthPark | 4-16-00

Edited by StevenRocks

If you haven't been to the new restaurants at SouthPark, ypu're missing some treats. California Pizza Kitchen is really good and the outdoor dining area by the West Plaza fountain is a nice touch. I haven't gotten a chance to try McCormick & Schmick's or Morton's yet, but the reports I'm getting from friends who've eaten there are extremely positive.

Edited by StevenRocks