SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Here's another one of my SouthPark theories:

If Joseph-Beth doesn't survive, I think it would make an excellent location for Barnes & Noble, which could move from their somewhat disappointing Sharon Corners store to the higher-profile Joseph-Beth space with very little modification. The B&N space at Sharon Corners could then be redevloped into something else, not sure what right now, but there's always something that could go there.

By the way, is Dillard's ever going to remodel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. "Soon"... probably done by Fall 2006 when Neiman Marcus opens? Apparently it's going to look like the new prototype for dillards with a new glassy look and not the arches you see at other dillard's

Yes. "Soon"... probably done by Fall 2006 when Neiman Marcus opens?  Apparently it's going to look like the new prototype for dillards with a new glassy look and not the arches you see at other dillard's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to hear that they're FINALLY going to do something different. I'm all for neoclassical influences, but the big arch was getting a little boring.

Some news on Neimans: (southpark won't be affected)

The acquisition of Neiman Marcus Group Inc. by two private investment firms won't affect the luxury retailer's plans for its first store in Charlotte at SouthPark mall.

In the $5.1 billion deal, Texas Pacific Group and Warburg Pincus will acquire all the outstanding Class A and Class B shares of Neiman Marcus for $100 per share.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

Some news on Neimans: (southpark won't be affected)

The acquisition of Neiman Marcus Group Inc. by two private investment firms won't affect the luxury retailer's plans for its first store in Charlotte at SouthPark mall.

In the $5.1 billion deal, Texas Pacific Group and Warburg Pincus will acquire all the outstanding Class A and Class B shares of Neiman Marcus for $100 per share.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As nmuch as those companies are paying for NM, they're gonna have to expand. I can't wait for the SouthPark store :)

So it appears Simon is going to put luxury condos in it's planned outparcel of retail along Southpark. It'll be the first mixed-use portion for any Simon mall.

Here's the article talking about it briefly:

Simon looking at mixed-use potential of all its properties

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At Holiday Park, right... along with the possible Crate & Barrel i guess?... My guess for height would be 15-20 stories

• Like 1

perhaps crates and barrels aren't good enough for the decor of the charlotteans. We prefer couches with eight way hand-tied medchanism with amish frames handcarved in elizabethan tradition and hand-tufted tapestry-inspired damask.

Crates are for hogs.

(but dammit, why can at least try to sell their wares here?)

Where will C&B go?

Northlake?  Maybe.

Midtown?  Possibly.

Piedmont Town Center?  Likely.

Elizabeth?  Easily.

Carolina Place?  Forget it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they do choose Northlake they would be very close to their Lincoln County distribution center!

• Like 1

If they do choose Northlake they would be very close to their Lincoln County distribution center!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In some ways, I'd like to actually see them chose Northlake because the mall has the potential to be a upscale center in its future, but IMO the Northside is still a little typically suburban and nouveau riche for a Crate store. Kinda like Pineville but with more McMansions.

Now maybe if they sold SUVs... :lol:

That was mean, and I'm sorry. But it is funny.

Seriously, I think C&B will probably go to Midtown, Elizabeth or South Charlotte when the dust settles.