SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

What are the chances of Southpark mall adding a second level or a partial second level in the next 10 years? It seems this is the only way we are going to get all the retailers like Gucci, Hugo Boss, ETC? Is there even Room?

Drew

What are the chances of Southpark mall adding a second level or a partial second level in the next 10 years? It seems this is the only way we are going to get all the retailers like Gucci, Hugo Boss, ETC? Is there even Room?

Drew

Theres no way they can do that. They can add a level underneath the mall. Most likely it would be from the center court to Macys. I'm not sure how it would work though. They would have to make the lesser upscale stores leave or more there, since there's no way that stores like Gucci would go there.

Either way Apple, Coach, Lacoste, and Sephora all need larger stores.

Edited by ct36

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to stop by the Container store Sunday to see what all the fuss was about.  I was totally NOT impressed. It's kind of a cross between an Ikea and an Office Max....you can basically find 90% of their products anywhere else IMO.  What a waste of a huge space at SP!  I think this store should've taken the old Borders space and this space shouldve been an H&M...Nicole Bostic come on!

I can't believe I beat the mall geeks to this one :) Belk's flagship store at SouthPark mall will be undergoing a $2.3 million renovation for a more modern look that's expected to be completed by October.

http://www.bizjourna...celift-for.html

Wow...another update to the SP store. I get that it's the "Mother" Belk but geez...

Though not as important, the Belk at Carolina Mall in Concord has one of the highest per sq foot sales in the Belk company (according to a long-time employee) and the company has been adding a second level to that store for like 20 years. Every time they get close to it they decide to put the money elsewhere. Oh well. Heres to the new SP upfit.

I am kind of surprised SouthPark hasn't lured a Forever21 yet.....Charlotte is long overdue for a Forever21 that has men's clothing also. If Winston & Raleigh carry men's in their locations then what's the hold up for us? Also, H&M, Zara, A/X, Club Monaco, All Saints can all succeed in SP. We have more young adults and young professionals than ever in this city and we deserve to have more variety.

I am kind of surprised SouthPark hasn't lured a Forever21 yet.....Charlotte is long overdue for a Forever21 that has men's clothing also. If Winston & Raleigh carry men's in their locations then what's the hold up for us? Also, H&M, Zara, A/X, Club Monaco, All Saints can all succeed in SP. We have more young adults and young professionals than ever in this city and we deserve to have more variety.

I have no clue why you are suprised, I've explained this 1000 times. Do you seriously have no idea why South Park has not lured these people!???!??! I'll give you a hint. Southpark is like .5% vacant, thats the only reason why. All these stores can succeed at SouthPark yes, but they have no space to call their own. When Joseph Beth went out Container Store was immediately there. The best shot these stores have are at the new Target Development, Borders at Morrocroft, Ashley Park development, and places like that. The next best shot to get any of these stores would be to lose some of the larger stores in Southpark... Right now Brooks Brothers is moving to Phillips Place, so there is one relatively large store, probably big enough for a Club Monaco, but nothing else, as A/X has no place in this market because it is absolute worthless garbage. H&M needs coldwatercreek+brooksbrothers to be big enough, and cold water creek isn't going anywhere. Also for the record, F21's winston store does not have mens.

I challenge you to find a place in the leasing map for any of these stores (except A/X, because once again its garbage) here is a link to where you can find it.

http://www.simon.com/about_simon/leasing/LocalMall.aspx?id=788

A/X is garbage? It might not be my type of clothing, but the hip affluent people I saw swarming the store Sunday at Tyson's Corner must vehemently disagree.

Can't say I've seen a hip or affluent person at the a/x in soho or by my office in midtown... sorry I just don't like their style... Temeteron just got me a little heated... I am not sure that a/x would do as well as the other shops above. The point is tho, there is just no room what so ever for anyone, it's very unfortunate.

Yeah there's really no room for anything at SouthPark. The spaces there are rather small too. Abercrombie & Fitch is the largest store and then Anthropologie, then Banana Republic and maybe Pottery Barn. As far as I know there aren't any other spaces over 10,000 square feet.

Yeah there's really no room for anything at SouthPark. The spaces there are rather small too. Abercrombie & Fitch is the largest store and then Anthropologie, then Banana Republic and maybe Pottery Barn. As far as I know there aren't any other spaces over 10,000 square feet.

You are missing Victoria secret which is the true largest store, Express, urban Outfitters, Etc. There are a lot of pretty big stores... Thankfully apple is doubling in size soon...

Nibletodell-

A/X might not be that high-quality but it's definitely way more trendy than Myers Park J.Crew, Monotonous Designs Express, Boring Gap, Ghetto Pure Denim and Lame Preppy Vineyard's place! SouthPark and Charlotte in general need more European influenced clothing. Enough with the Southern Preppy Stores already. A/X is a successful brand and has 2 locations in Atlanta and several across the country in markets you wouldn't expect (Like Kansas City for God's sake). If Atlanta has had this store since the 1990's then we can do. At it's price point there is no reason other than the fact that SP is fully occupied that Charlotte couldn't support this brand.

Nibletodell-

A/X might not be that high-quality but it's definitely way more trendy than Myers Park J.Crew, Monotonous Designs Express, Boring Gap, Ghetto Pure Denim and Lame Preppy Vineyard's place! SouthPark and Charlotte in general need more European influenced clothing. Enough with the Southern Preppy Stores already. A/X is a successful brand and has 2 locations in Atlanta and several across the country in markets you wouldn't expect (Like Kansas City for God's sake). If Atlanta has had this store since the 1990's then we can do. At it's price point there is no reason other than the fact that SP is fully occupied that Charlotte couldn't support this brand.

Here's what I think needs to be done. I think we need to Demo Dick's because It honestly does not belong at South Park, and extend the Urban Outfitters wing, adding 200k square feet with Forever XXI, and H&M as a 30,000 sq ft. Junior Anchors with A/X, Zara, FCUK, Club Monaco, and MANGO . I feel like Urban Outfitters would be a good transition into this...

You can send Mango to us in Atlanta. Now that is one store we do not have....so far that is :mellow: . Yeah we have multiple locations of Anthropology, Urban Outfitters, Armani Exchange, True Religion, Stuart Weitzman, Betsey Johnson, Michael Kors and so on, but not some of the stores we would really like to have. The ones that are affordable in comparison to Gucci, Armani, or Versace, just to name a few. :w00t:

I think Southpark's biggest mistake was making the Neiman Marcus wing so incredibly short, they bit themselves in the foot for doing that. With Dicks in the space it currently occupies, that tract of land was basically Southpark's last chance to expand. Now their only hope to add another wing would be to run the Urban Outfitters wing around and between California Pizza Kitchen, Joseph Beth, and Dicks, connect it to the food court, and run a wing out into the parking lot between Dicks and Macy's.

Alternately, they could just run a wing straight out from the food court, but I hate when food courts are not off to the side. That said, why not just relocate the food court (again?) to underneath or a second level of the new wing. Plenty of malls have elevated/hidden food courts that function well not to interfere with the retail spaces of the mall.

• 2 weeks later...