SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Well that's disappointing! H&M is okay. I sort of like it but I still think it would do better at Northlake or somewhere else!

I am hoping that that's not it because that really isn't that big. By saying that SouthPark isn't so tight, do you mean by the amount of space? I would hope so! I would love to see an expansion.

It not an expansion, but brooks brothers and cold water creek are gone, and they are adjacent, those are the largest spaces southpark has had available in a long time, put two together and it solves a problem that major retailers have been having.

Edited by Guest

Well, let's brainstorm then...what else does Charlotte not have that would be MAJOR?

I'm still going with a Canadian Tire.

crap dude, who told you!? My sources are going to be pissssssed. :shok:

The H&M in Winston-Salem's Hanes Mall is two levels, matching the mall. Women's is on the lower level, while Men's is on the upper level. Each level can be accessed directly from the mall, but the lower level also has exterior access. There are stairs and an elevator internal to the two-level store as well.

My first H&M experience was years ago on the "Mag Mile" of Chicago, which is a multi-story store with no connection to any mall.

While I'm sure the South Park location will be successful, I'm also sure that an Uptown or Midtown location would be, as well. It's a bit unfortunate that this company (among others, like Whole Foods) has waited so long for the "perfect" location, when other locations could have been ringing up sales in the meantime.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, I could not figure it out from the lease plan. So that means if H&M wants more than 15,000 sq. ft. they'd want the J. Crew space too. Where could J. Crew relocate in SouthPark?

I don't think they would take the J. Crew space. It is 9,000 square feet, and that would be 24,000 square feet so that means that it would probably be about too big. Plus that J. Crew has always seemed to be popular so I don't think they will close. I think they have the J. Crew wedding collections, the only other one I know of in the south is at Lenox. Besides, I think it kind of belongs where it is. I couldn't see it any other place.

Has anyone heard anything else about Apple expanding? I was hoping that they would move Sur La Table to the former Finish Line, but they just put Foot Locker :sick: What a waste! I don't care whether any of you shop there you have to admit that it's just dumb to do that since Foot Locker closed and then came back. Since all of the department stores except NM sell similar things (and Dick's) I can't see them surviving again. Since there is no space left at SouthPark they need to work on getting rid of the less upscale stores and moving stores around and such. They should move the Apple store to Gap or somewhere and move them to the Macy's wing. Then they can put something nice in the Apple space! Unless Sur La Table closes they should just move the Apple store to the main wing since I don't really know what else they could do.

These are the approximate measures of SouthPark's largest stores:

Abercrombie & Fitch-11,250

Victoria's Secret-11,000

Urban Outfitters-11,000

Express-11,000

Banana Republic-10,500

Pottery Barn-10,000

Anthropologie-9,750

Frontgate-9,750

J. Crew-9,000

Ann Taylor-8,000

And I looked and this is the more accurate measures:

Brooks Brothers-7,500

Coldwater Creek-7,000

So it's more like 14,500 square feet

Edited by ct36

Has anyone heard anything else about Apple expanding? I was hoping that they would move Sur La Table to the former Finish Line, but they just put Foot Locker :sick: What a waste! I don't care whether any of you shop there you have to admit that it's just dumb to do that since Foot Locker closed and then came back. Since all of the department stores except NM sell similar things (and Dick's) I can't see them surviving again. Since there is no space left at SouthPark they need to work on getting rid of the less upscale stores and moving stores around and such. They should move the Apple store to Gap or somewhere and move them to the Macy's wing. Then they can put something nice in the Apple space! Unless Sur La Table closes they should just move the Apple store to the main wing since I don't really know what else they could do.

Apple has been on a trend for the last couple of years expanding high come small space stores into adjacent spaces or moving them to another location in the mall. I can't imagine that the SouthPark location would escape this inevitability. I'm surprised the Apple hasn't made a move yet though.

• 2 weeks later...