SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Microsoft has their holiday stores up on their website. It says that it will be across from Abercrombie & Fitch. I wonder if Puma is closing? They are opening on October 26, so whatever is closing will have to close soon. The only thing I know of that is vacant in that area is the old Perry's, but that's across from Urban Outfitters and Foot Locker instead of A&F.

Edited by ct36

• 1 month later...

Microsoft has their holiday stores up on their website. It says that it will be across from Abercrombie & Fitch. I wonder if Puma is closing? They are opening on October 26, so whatever is closing will have to close soon. The only thing I know of that is vacant in that area is the old Perry's, but that's across from Urban Outfitters and Foot Locker instead of A&F.

It's actually a kiosk that is right in front of Puma next to the Information Desk. Also, Perry's has turned into a temporary spot for GameStop. I'm assuming it's only for the holidays. Meanwhile, Banana Republic is still under construction....I wonder how much longer it will take for them to open. I'm pretty sure they don't want to miss out on the Holiday Season revenue.

Microsoft is a kiosk (as noted above) but when I was there last week, one of the clerks told me Microsoft is monitoring sales to see if they want to upgrade to a permanent store. Stop in, those Surface Tablets are pretty slick and the clerks are eager to give you some hands on time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ann Taylor is moving to the former Justice space next to BR and Sephora in a new boutique like format, and it will open in April. Banana Republic will also reopen in April. Also, the door was open to the future Apple store and the space is really large. It will be all of the Gap space and the back half of Gap Kids that Hanna Andersson and Porsche Design did not take. The store will be around 10,000 square feet and for now will likely be the largest Apple store in the south.

I am very happy with the SA's at SouthPark. I get much better service here than other cities I have been to like Atlanta, Orlando, and Washington. I haven't ever had anyone be anything but nice to me, even people who won't make any commission off of me. The stores at SouthPark may be smaller compared to larger cities, but if the SAs at so much nicer who even cares??

Edited by ct36
  • Like 1

Zink is closing at Southpark. This is where the Chuy's is going (which was mentioned a good while ago on this thread). I've been trying to figure out where it would end up for months now. The Chuy's website says they will be open Spring 2013. When I'm in Texas, I hit this place at least a couple of times each trip. I hope the Charlotte version does it justice and that it's successful.

I really thought Zink was a great restaurant. It used to be my go-to place for a mid-priced but wonderful meal when it was located uptown, but I admittedly haven't been back since they were forced out of their Tryon Street spot by Fifth Third and moved to SouthPark. I hate they had to move - otherwise I think they'd still be doing good business on Tryon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's like a first world miracle, Banana Republic is open again. And I have to say, I really dig the new layout and interiors. Grand opening with wine and amelies on Thursday, as I was told multiple times

Saw that the other day - it really looks snazzy with the new facade, and interior looks great too.

Anyone know what new food vendors are coming to the food court? The Great Steak and Potato Company and the Bistro place have closed. 

• 1 month later...

Papyrus, which will be new to the Charlotte market, is opening in the Macy's wing right across from Teavana.  It is a stationary/gift shop similar to Hallmark. Not sure why we need another card/gift shop type of store but oh well....that wing seems to have the highest store turnover in the whole mall. There are constantly stores closing and new ones opening on that side of SouthPark.  Meanwhile, Hanna Anderson has opened in the center wing and looks like Porsche Design and Ann Taylor are almost ready to open.  Ann Taylor has moved from its old spot in the Dillard's wing to the former Justice spot (which is a much smaller location).  This leaves a huge spot in the Dillard's wing empty.  I wonder what will be the next tenant there.  Does anyone know of when the new Apple location is opening?  They haven't put a sign up yet.

Edited by Temeteron

Papyrus, which will be new to the Charlotte market, is opening in the Macy's wing right across from Teavana.

Didn't Papyrus have a store in the area of stores near Crate and Barrel for a while a couple years ago? I know there was a paper store there somewhere about across from where Cowfish is now, and I could swear that it was a Papyrus.

Didn't Papyrus have a store in the area of stores near Crate and Barrel for a while a couple years ago? I know there was a paper store there somewhere about across from where Cowfish is now, and I could swear that it was a Papyrus.

I don't think so, although I do remember that it was bad timing for several tenants: Marble Slab was slated for The Shops at the Residence (the area where you are referring to) which never came to fruition. Another tenant that was scrapped was Starbucks, which I thought was rather odd that they even considered opening a location there. There was already a location literally 100 ft away in the front entrance to the mall and also a location at Morrocroft Harris Teeter.  That was a few years ago back when Starbucks closed several locations in Charlotte, including Piedmont Town Centre.  

Edited by Temeteron