SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Hey, Steve, thanks for the answers.  Big fan of your blog!

You definitely need to get down there next time you're in town...the wall mosaic thing would probably be one of your better pictures on that camera phone of yours -- which is great, by the way...very nice quality pictures.

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, Matt B)

SouthPark is what inspired me to get a camera phone. I got hassled a lot with the regular camera there.

^i'm so glad u got a camera phone... live malls is awesome.

Anyway, i saw this

The Village at SouthPark -- a mixed-use project comprised of residential and retail components located adjacent to Simon's highly successful SouthPark Mall in Charlotte, North Carolina. The retail component is scheduled to open in March 2007, followed by the residential component in May 2007.

the press release is mainly about Simon but that was in it http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050728/deth003.html?.v=23

This isn't strictly retail, but the website is up for The Lofts at Morrison.....the new Grubb deal out at SP>

http://www.theloftsatmorrison.com/

About $300 psf is high, but the units are small, so they will probably sell pretty well.

It surprising that they still have so few retail tenant signed. They've lost a lot of their prospects to the mall itself, however, I'm convinced that ultimately this will be one of the best developments in that submarket.

^ Funny, that's never made it onto the pages of SouthPark magazine :lol:

In other news, the new wing has its first retail casualty. Metropolitan Deluxe (in the Belk corridor) has closed and it is being replaced by some store called Leonardo.

Edited by StevenRocks

^ Funny, that's never made it onto the pages of SouthPark magazine :lol:

In other news, the new wing has its first retail casualty.  Metropolitan Deluxe (in the Belk corridor) has closed and it is being replaced by some store called Leonardo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Metropolitan Deluxe closing is not surprising, I dont wanna be mean but the best descriptive term i can think of for their merchandise is 'junk'. It was cute, but I seriously couldn't see what would justify it's being there... it had a couple of nice couches for sale there, but you wouldn't know it b/c it was so densely surrounded by..... 'junk'

I love Metropolitan! I definitely don't think the store was full of junk--there were a lot of cute, unique items, though maybe overpriced. I do think it would do better in an area like Plaza-Midwood or NoDa. It probably isn't fancy enough for the South Park shoppers.