SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Brookstone is closing 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article193718809.html

Brookstone, a specialty retailer that’s known for gadgets such as massage chairs and personal drones, filed for bankruptcy protection in April 2014 as pressure mounted from e-commerce and as customers began spending less on non-essential items. The company was purchased by a Chinese investment firm that summer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 10:00 PM, TylerFerreroSorel said:

What stores are you hoping will open shop at SouthPark at some point? I'm so over crap like "Palmetto Moon" taking up valuable space.

Bloomingdale's

Gucci 

Kiehl's 

OMEGA

Salvatore Ferragamo

I'm thinking that these are all viable options... How about you?

Bloomingdale’s was rumored to be replacing Macy’s but that never happened. I’m also surprised there is still no Gucci store in Charlotte, or NC in general, but there is one in SC. SouthPark has not added a true upscale tenant in over a decade, which makes me question whether or not the demand is there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 11:14 AM, TheOneRJ said:

Bloomingdale’s was rumored to be replacing Macy’s but that never happened. I’m also surprised there is still no Gucci store in Charlotte, or NC in general, but there is one in SC. SouthPark has not added a true upscale tenant in over a decade, which makes me question whether or not the demand is there. 

A lot of it has to do with the fact that people are shopping more and more online.  They carry a lot of Gucci in Neiman Marcus and some in Nordstrom also.  Gucci is overrated anyway.  The Italian brands that are worthy now are Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Ferragamo, Fendi, Etro and Cavalli

6 hours ago, Temeteron said:

A lot of it has to do with the fact that people are shopping more and more online.  They carry a lot of Gucci in Neiman Marcus and some in Nordstrom also.  Gucci is overrated anyway.  The Italian brands that are worthy now are Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Ferragamo, Fendi, Etro and Cavalli

Online shopping only really affected smaller malls, SouthPark survived (and is still surviving) pretty well. Gucci is almost non existent in SouthPark and in Charrlotte in general (at least for men), as are the other labels you mentioned. 

SouthPark Mall updates:

Indochino is coming to the Neiman Marcus wing. It opens February 23rd. Specializing in custom fit suits, you can book an appointment online to get your fitting and select fabrics/ customization. Their other US locations are Beverly Hills, Boston, Chicago, Houston, King of Prussia, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C.

Gusto Farm to Street currently has three locations in the DC area. They are opening a restaurant at SouthPark and one in Raleigh. It is fast casual pizza, salad, etc... Not sure where at SouthPark they are going. It might just be an addition to the Food Court. I think there is a vacancy between Chick Fil A and Chipotle. 

Bulla Gastrobar opens in March at the old Chuy's location in the Village at SouthPark. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/02/12/new-restaurants-retail-on-tap-for-southpark.html

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

SouthPark Mall updates:

Indochino is coming to the Neiman Marcus wing. It opens February 23rd. Specializing in custom fit suits, you can book an appointment online to get your fitting and select fabrics/ customization. Their other US locations are Beverly Hills, Boston, Chicago, Houston, King of Prussia, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C.

Gusto Farm to Street currently has three locations in the DC area. They are opening a restaurant at SouthPark and one in Raleigh. It is fast casual pizza, salad, etc... Not sure where at SouthPark they are going. It might just be an addition to the Food Court. I think there is a vacancy between Chick Fil A and Chipotle. 

Bulla Gastrobar opens in March at the old Chuy's location in the Village at SouthPark. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/02/12/new-restaurants-retail-on-tap-for-southpark.html

American Eagle is also returning to the mall for some reason, after closing in 2015. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just noticed yesterday that the Armani collezioni store has been converted to an Emporio! One of my favorite brands! This is a company wide move however. They are getting rid of all Armani Collezioni and Armani Jean stores.  The disappointing thing is this location definitely doesn’t have the merchandise that other Emporio stores have.  Oh well, let’s hope for the best :)

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

SouthPark will be losing a store to South End :-). Hopefully details in the news soon.

Only one I can really think of is Urban Outfitters, but if that is the case I would think the store could handle both locations.

6 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Only one I can really think of is Urban Outfitters, but if that is the case I would think the store could handle both locations.

Nah, Urban would easily function in both locations, see Anthropologie.

20 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Sur La Table would be my guess. They would make a fortune from cooking classes alone in Southend. 

I think they could open a separate store in Southend pretty easily. I'd like to see that at Atherton, Edens you listening???