SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

Sur la Table would do good in South End but I can't see them leaving Southpark.  High income shoppers abound at SouthPark and I am sure that store does pretty well there.  Plus they have a location in Huntersville so who knows they may be looking for a new location but not leaving SouthPark. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

All I want is a Zara and a Club Monaco.  I feel like these are realistic within the next 5 years. There's no Zara between DC and Atlanta, and Charlotte makes the most sense if they were to open a store I think. There is a Club Monaco in Charleston though.

As for the store leaving SouthPark for South End, I'm going to guess The North Face.

Edited by nyxmike

8 hours ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Oh no.....that does not sound exciting at all. 

Its actually not an exiting store really. But its a start. People are thinking within the mall, there are other stores in "SouthPark." Its a store that makes sense being near the executive offices uptown, and in a district trying to become "The Design District"

4 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Its actually not an exiting store really. But its a start. People are thinking within the mall, there are other stores in "SouthPark." Its a store that makes sense being near the executive offices uptown, and in a district trying to become "The Design District"

You automatically made me think Laura Vinroot Poole needs to make some moves in that direction. 

Look at the design of this store and the care she puts into the selection process. 

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/March-2018/Laura-Vinroot-Poole-on-20-Years-Fashioning-a-City/

2 hours ago, sclark said:

I could see Design Within Reach moving from their South Park spot below the Residence. 

That sounds spot on for wanting to be in the "Design" district and having corporate clients in Uptown, etc... that need offices outfitted. I don't think it will be William Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Sur La Table, etc...

I think you win on the guesses!

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

That sounds spot on for wanting to be in the "Design" district and having corporate clients in Uptown, etc... that need offices outfitted. I don't think it will be William Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, Sur La Table, etc...

I think you win on the guesses!

since I win, I'd like to also guess that lululemon will be opening at either atherton or the design center. 

12 minutes ago, sclark said:

since I win, I'd like to also guess that lululemon will be opening at either atherton or the design center. 

Your prize will be a Krispy Kreme doughnut and McCafe coffee of your choice. 

Lululemon might open another store but doubt it would close the Southpark store.  Remember SouthPark mall is the top grossing sales per square mall in Carolinas and it is among the best in the country. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the locally grown stores similar to lulelemon is opening at design center already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/29/2018 at 9:53 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It is official. Design Within Reach to relocate from the Village at SouthPark to the former Studio Cellar location at 1800 Camden Road (West/Camden intersection across from Blaze). 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article207905284.html

11 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

It is official. Design Within Reach to relocate from the Village at SouthPark to the former Studio Cellar location at 1800 Camden Road (West/Camden intersection across from Blaze). 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article207905284.html

One thing though... I'm not sure the article is completely accurate. I think Design Within Reach is destined for the Charlotte Art League Space, its just moving to Studio Cellar temporarily, until "The Wedge" can be built up. I could be wrong tho.